New manager

KJT123

Latest is that Randy has apparently flew out to meet with Garde. We are confident of getting the two Lyon coaches. Garde is expected to be in the stands on Monday night for the Spurs game. 

(Via John Percy - Telegraph)

• Like 2

From the Lyon chairmans twitter earlier

cela serait surtout1 grde déception quant à l'intégrité , la sincérité d'Aston Vila ! L'oLa besoin d ses coachs et veut ls garder

google translate basically says "with sincere apologies to Aston villa, OL will not let the coaches go with Garde"

probably already posted mind

Their president actually goes on to say its not about the money but it will destabilize the club half way through the season.

I looked on some Lyon forums... Garde is held in very high regard.. even higher than the current manager that took them to second last season. They think without his coaching staff that would not have happened.

Genesio is not liked very much by their fans.. apparently he leaks out information and hes an average coach... but has a very good relationship with the players which is important for team spirit.

Baticle is really highly regarded but they think they have a good replacement in a fella called Audrain and Sonny Anderson could come back. Baticle seems to organise their attacking plays and tactics.

The one i did notice was really important not to lose.. was a coach called Joel Bats who is a very highly regarded goal keeping coach. Not sure we are after him anyway with Parks still at the club. 

Edited by KSV

Welcome Remi

until you start going on about Arsenal all the time and then you can **** right off 

its a gamble but any new manager is ... Sounds like this was part of the blueprint all along so let's hope he can get these young players firing very quickly 

On the bottom right in the settings of the video.. you can add subtitles and translate it to english ;)

i did not know this :D the translation is awful though

yeah it isnt great haha.. you get the gist though. He talks a bit about tactics which is interesting. But other than that... not much use to Villa fans!

Whoever it is, either French coach it needs to be the complete package, Sherwood had to find his own staff, look how that ended. I think the delay only means one thing, gardes team are being targeted and it's just a case of how much really.

Good point. I think Tim probably needed Chris Ramsey alongside him to make it work this season but QPR chose to keep him as their manager despite their relegation. Would Garde without his own staff possibly be the same and would he want the job without them given it will be tough enough with all of them in place?

Wenger seems to think he should come without his coaches. I tend to think if he was confident enough to do that he would have done so by now. The fact that he doesn't seem to be that confident doesn't bode well for me. 

Whoever it is, either French coach it needs to be the complete package, Sherwood had to find his own staff, look how that ended. I think the delay only means one thing, gardes team are being targeted and it's just a case of how much really.

Good point. I think Tim probably needed Chris Ramsey alongside him to make it work this season but QPR chose to keep him as their manager despite their relegation. Would Garde without his own staff possibly be the same and would he want the job without them given it will be tough enough with all of them in place?

Wenger seems to think he should come without his coaches. I tend to think if he was confident enough to do that he would have done so by now. The fact that he doesn't seem to be that confident doesn't bode well for me. 

Yeah and he also seems to have a slight tic in one eye which means he probably lacks managerial ability and tactical nous. We're doomed.