New manager

KJT123

Don't think we will get the coaches. 

Why?

#wobble2

you git you made me spurt my coffee all over the table made me lol. !! 

So so many wobbles about in the past week! 

Asda must have had a rise in incontinence pants with so much pant and knicker wetting cos we have no manager after just one week. Sunderland took a couple of weeks to get a uk based manager. 

We will have a manager in place by man city I'm confident. 

• Like 1

Neil Ashton said yesterday that Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins was expecting us ro make an official approach for Garry Monk during the week.

We don't pay compensation for managers so doubt that but he would've been an interesting pick of the domestic candidates.

Why?

Lyon President put on Twitter it's a non starter basically. Unless they show they want to leave and we pay the £££. I don't think it will happen. 

He didn't say that though, he said it isn't about money to him it is about stability and they need to keep their coaches. It isn't up to him though, think he was saving face with their fans basically making sure they know if they do leave it isn't because of him wanting the money.

• Like 1

Neil Ashton said yesterday that Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins was expecting us ro make an official approach for Garry Monk during the week.

We don't pay compensation for managers so doubt that but he would've been an interesting pick of the domestic candidates.

You mean apart from when we paid compensation for two of our last 3 managers?

• Like 4

Why?

Lyon President put on Twitter it's a non starter basically. Unless they show they want to leave and we pay the £££. I don't think it will happen. 

He didn't say that though, he said it isn't about money to him it is about stability and they need to keep their coaches. It isn't up to him though, think he was saving face with their fans basically making sure they know if they do leave it isn't because of him wanting the money.

Hope you're right. How long did I it take to get Lambert and his assistants after Mcleish was sacked. 

Edited by OneNightInRotterdam

Why?

Hope you're right. How long did I it take to get Lambert and his assistants of McLean was booted? 

The Lyon president can't stop them leaving. They're not players. If they want to leave then they resign and leave. 

The sticking point is probably how much we're negotiating to pay Lyon for the coaches not working their notice.

• Like 4

Yeah you are spot on. Apart for the compo we paid for Lambert, oh and McLeish and Houllier ;)

• Like 2

I think Remi Garde will come alone.

Don't think we will get his assistants as Lyon see it as destabilizing them in their own campaign (which you can understand). Money isn't everything.

Just hope he recruits the backroom staff properly if this were the case which I have a feeling is.

• Like 1

Don't think we will get his assistants as Lyon see it as destabilizing them in their own campaign (which you can understand). Money isn't everything.

Just hope he recruits the backroom staff properly if this were the case which I have a feeling is.

They don't have a choice in whether we get their coaches or not.

League match for Lyon tonight and Champions League on Wednesday. That might well be the hold up, understandably. Only a week since Sherwood was sacked, and some of the posting on here is unbelievable. We have lots of experience of managers being sacked, surely we have learned to have patience and not to believe every piece of media guesswork.

• Like 4

Yeah the club don't but i'm thinking more on a personal level.

Maybe they don't want to walk out midway through a campaign from a club that have given them so much perhaps.

Nobody is sure of course but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I think I've said it previously but if the Lyon staff want to come, they will come.  Lyon have no control over them other than the fact that they will have to put in their notice. I expect them to join down the line (if they want to). Heck, they could even forget about the notice, leave, and Villa pay for any monies owed in terms of their employment contract (which they are fully entitled to do).  I'm pretty sure Garde will come anyway knowing full well that he will get his staff in place eventually.  It doesn't bode well seeing as we're in a relegation fight but I'm hoping that doesn't put him off.  The key question here is IF they want to come. If they do then I think it'll be pretty soon. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 4

Why would he not be here already then? Everybody's saying the hold up is getting his assistants. If he were happy to come without them he'd be here.

Really wouldn't want Monk. Don't get me wrong he's done a great job with Swansea but as others have already said, their success is based in part on their setup behind the scenes which stays constant regardless of who the manager is - I'm glad we appear to be going down that route as well as it'll be beneficial in the long run.

• Like 3

Really wouldn't want Monk. Don't get me wrong he's done a great job with Swansea but as others have already said, their success is based in part on their setup behind the scenes which stays constant regardless of who the manager is - I'm glad we appear to be going down that route as well as it'll be beneficial in the long run.

I agree. But it will only be beneficial if we stay up. We'll undergo even more cuts if we drop - if Lerner struggles to get us competing with top 10 teams in this league, he'll struggle to get us competing if we drop. It'll be another big clear out of players and possibly looking to sign players from the Crewe's and Sheffield United's again. If we get the right manager (for the first time under Lerner!) and stay up, we should have a good base to build from.