New manager

KJT123

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/33998165

Aston Villa's caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald expects Remi Garde to be the club's new manager eventually.

Lyon's president has said he would block the move of two of his backroom staff to join Garde at Villa but MacDonald says: "If they're desperate to get him,then they'll pay the money."

MacDonald has been told he's in charge of the squad for Monday's trip to Tottenham but Garde - who is out of work and available - remains the bookies' favourite for the Villa job.

Edited by AshVilla

What he has said there with regards to getting your targets is only a statement of fact i.e. if you want someone you'll go and get them.  The statement alone doesn't really suggest that Garde will be our manager.

• Like 2

What he has said there with regards to getting your targets is only a statement of fact i.e. if you want someone you'll go and get them.  The statement alone doesn't really suggest that Garde will be our manager.

ASTON Villa caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald has suggested that Remi Garde could be in the stands against Tottenham on Monday night.

Garde has been odds-on with the bookies ever since Tim Sherwood was sacked on Sunday.

Speaking about the possibility of Garde taking over, MacDonald said: "I've been told I need to prepare the team for Monday.

"Whether Remi has been given the position or will be in the stand to watch, I don't know.

"He's got a good pedigree as a coach and obviously the hierarchy think he's the man for the job.

"Arsene Wenger came in with no Premier League experience and he didn't do badly."

Sounds nailed on if you as me.

• Like 2

ASTON Villa caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald has suggested that Remi Garde could be in the stands against Tottenham on Monday night.

Garde has been odds-on with the bookies ever since Tim Sherwood was sacked on Sunday.

Speaking about the possibility of Garde taking over, MacDonald said: "I've been told I need to prepare the team for Monday.

"Whether Remi has been given the position or will be in the stand to watch, I don't know.

"He's got a good pedigree as a coach and obviously the hierarchy think he's the man for the job.

"Arsene Wenger came in with no Premier League experience and he didn't do badly."

Sounds nailed on if you as me.

That does indeed, but then as you'll have noticed, that's a set of completely different quotes that I wasn't commenting on in my other post.

Bizarrely, his odds have actually drifted today.

Worth backing then?

I'm no betting expert but his odds are as long as they have been since his name first cropped up, presumably because some serious money is being put on Galtier.