New manager

KJT123

No I don't think Monk was but In fairness I don't think that was because of compensation. 

And yes Lambert quit for our job, but compensation was still paid. Besides there would be nothing to stop Monk doing the same but he was never a contender other than in the press.

O.k it was more in response to when O'neill walked out I read the vibe being we weren't interested in appraoching anyone in a premier league job otherwise surely we could've approach Martinez there and then rather than wait until the next summer.

Similarily we pot Lambert and just go for someone out of work rather than look to see someone else in a job e.g. like Palace approaching Pardew when he was still Newcastle manager and getting him.

That was over 5 years ago though. Clearly a lot has changed since then. Premier League experience was a top priority back then for example but clearly not now.

Edited by Mantis

No I don't think Monk was but In fairness I don't think that was because of compensation. 

And yes Lambert quit for our job, but compensation was still paid. Besides there would be nothing to stop Monk doing the same but he was never a contender other than in the press.

O.k it was more in response to when O'neill walked out I read the vibe being we weren't interested in appraoching anyone in a premier league job otherwise surely we could've approach Martinez there and then rather than wait until the next summer.

Similarily we pot Lambert and just go for someone out of work rather than look to see someone else in a job e.g. like Palace approaching Pardew when he was still Newcastle manager and getting him.

We did try for Martinez, twice.

As for Lambert he quit because they rejected our approach, he was in work. 

Edited by TrentVilla

I think Remi Garde will come alone.

Don't think we will get his assistants as Lyon see it as destabilizing them in their own campaign (which you can understand). Money isn't everything.

Just hope he recruits the backroom staff properly if this were the case which I have a feeling is.

They don't have a choice in whether we get their coaches or not.

I think Remi Garde will come alone.

Don't think we will get his assistants as Lyon see it as destabilizing them in their own campaign (which you can understand). Money isn't everything.

Just hope he recruits the backroom staff properly if this were the case which I have a feeling is.

They don't have a choice in whether we get their coaches or not.

Edited by dounavilla
this is messy !!!apologies

West Brom are leading thanks to a well rehearsed corner, with Rondon heading in at the near post. What I can't understand is why both Lambert and Sherwood never showed more invention from our set pieces. If we know the team is poor from open play then surely free-kicks and corners take on an even greater importance? It's not like we don't have the players that can attack the ball from a corner.

I'm hoping that Garde and his team really look at the opportunities we throw away from set-pieces whilst they get to grips with the team and this league. We really must be one of the worst teams to convert from corners and free kicks?

Exactly. I think our set pieces would disgrace a pub side.