Rudy Gestede

midian

59 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No-one will ever convince me we didn't 'play to his strengths' or that, 'he gave us another dimension'.

He was crap, slow and couldn't control a football. Selling him for £6m is a great bit of business for us.

We've literally never set up to put crosses in the box for him.  The very few times we did put in proper crosses, he became a threat.  In that respect, it's a good bit of business because we simply don't play in a way that accommodates him.

As you say, he's slow - so playing long balls up to him means he's solely going to flick on a header (we don't play a second striker, so who is running on to it?) or he has to chase something which is pointless.  However, I'm convinced that if you play with proper wingers, he'd be a handful.  I'm not sure whether Boro do this or not, but he'll make a decent enough squad player for them.

Best of luck to him.

£6m or so in the bank is more use that him in the squad in my opinion.
No idea why they've signed him - he's hardly going to thrive off Adama is he?

Seems a thoroughly decent bloke, so we might miss him off the pitch, but we just can't play to his limited strengths. He wasn't a proper "plan B" anymore than sticking Baker upfront would be.

Great deal  for us and possibly for him. I hope he proves me wrong by showing he does have it in him to do more for them than he was able to do for us.

Who will translate for Kodjia now when he gets his SKY MOTM awards?  

• Like 1

I honestly thought he'd turn it on in this league, but he simply can't get his legs to move. He doesn't drive at the ball and he never will, that mind/body connection just isn't there. 

How on earth he has earned a move to the PL I do not know. I bet he can't believe his luck. 

Good luck to the guy though. Top chap by all accounts. 

Funny isn't it how different players are viewed by us fans....

Ayew - 15/16 30 appearances 7 goals

16/17 20 appearances 2 goals

Gestede - 15/16 24 appearances 5 goals

16/17 13 appearances 4 goals

(above all according to Wiki)

• Like 3

Â