Rudy Gestede

midian

Like him as a bloke but he's not good enough, especially in the premier league. 

Technique and touch are poor, hold up play is average and I think his heading ability is vastly overrated due to a good spell at one club. 

You just know he would have come on today to huge applause,  win a couple of headers which nothing comes from,  head one chance over or wide and then put a couple of tame shots straight at the keeper. 

Rinse and repeat for his next performance. 

When we saw him in the Prem I thought he'd just been transferred above his level, and when were relegated I expected him to do well. That didn't happen, although I would have liked to see him play with someone crossing the ball who wasn't Hutton. I have nothing against him, but I won't miss him.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus Christ, some of you are proper obsessed. EVERY thread.

Lighten up JV even I can see this is just a bit of banter................................................. Good lord I hope so anyway:-)

• Like 1

Can't see how £6m in January can help us, when we have a proven goal scorer who offers something different. He is no more misfiring or worse than most of the rest of our team, in fact he is better than a lot of them (shows what a sorry state we are in). 

Sure, sell him in the Summer but not now surely? Who ever we buy this January we won't be scratching around for £6m.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Can't see how £6m in January can help us, when we have a proven goal scorer who offers something different. He is no more misfiring or worse than most of the rest of our team, in fact he is better than a lot of them (shows what a sorry state we are in). 

Sure, sell him in the Summer but not now surely? Who ever we buy this January we won't be scratching around for £6m.

'Proven' for around 2 seasons of his entire professional career. 

This has still not quite happened yet then :unsure:. I hope they make him an offer that he can't refuse and that this deal goes through quickly so that we can get another striker in before the ink is dry on his new contract. So long Rudy and good luck with Boro.    

I'm not opposed to him going, but I am more concerned at who would be coming into the team instead. He is useful if his strengths are played to, but its not working for us atm and we're clearly not going to build a team around him. If it was a swop deal of some sort with Rhodes, I'd be ok with that. If it was to aid us getting a quality midfielder, then great.

I wonder if it is held up because Brucie wants to get in someone else first..

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Thanks for the efforts Rudy, don't shoot at Guzan in training you know he doesn't like it.

If Brad stands between the posts I'm sure he'll have nothing to worry about. 

I think like most of our forwards we have failed to get the best out of Gestede this season. Only Kodjia has really shone and that is because every now and again he is capable of producing something out of nothing on his own.

I have no problem with him leaving though and Bruce reinvesting the money in players that can help get the best out of the forwards who remain.

20 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

'Proven' for around 2 seasons of his entire professional career. 

....but scored goals last season and this season for us and previously scored over 20 in the championship, so by whatever measure is proven at this level. 

Would rather we gave away Gabby for free or paid him off and kept Gestede.

Edited by thunderball

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

....but scored goals last season and this season for us and previously scored over 20 in the championship, so by whatever measure is proven at this level. 

Would rather we gave away Gabby for free or paid him off and kept Gestede.

5 last season and 4 this season is not very prolific. 

Â