Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Out of all the French players we signed he was the one I knew and rated. Thought he would be the creative player we craved. Still can be. I think management haven't lost hope with him and hence are willing to loan him out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Out of all the French players we signed he was the one I knew and rated. Thought he would be the creative player we craved. Still can be. I think management haven't lost hope with him and hence are willing to loan him out.

Or because he was that bad nobody wants to take him on a permanent deal

It's **** galling the amount of money we have wasted these last few years. 

By we I mean they.

We know he's a decent little player, certainly no worse than Gardner has been. So him not being anywhere near the bench right now points to something being up with the player himself. Either his heart isn't in it, or he's homesick. Or maybe he's a total cockwomble. 

We may never know, but it feels like his Villa career is over. 

http://teleroutenewsagency.com/2016/08/15/jordan-veretout-approch-saint-etienne/

After Marseille , Saint -Etienne joins in to recruit Jordan Veretout . Midfielder Aston Villa could land in Sainté in case of qualification in C3 group stage .

AS Saint -Etienne has not fully completed the transfer window. But before actually taking action , the stéphanois leaders want to wait for their playoff Europa League against Beitar Jerusalem. Christophe Galtier also recognized him gladly Thursday : he met Veretout , to whom he conveyed his position

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

He was going to Marseille on loan but it collapsed as they're broke so probably couldn't even afford his air fare.

In the Mail a few weeks back it said he'd informed the club he didn't want to play in the championship and was open to loan moves.

That tallys with him playing a bit in pre season and then not being seen from since especially as RDM hasn't said he's injured. 

He's obviously out of favor because he's expressed a desire to leave and sought to do so.  Question is if he fails to find a new club is he welcomed back or become part of a new bomb squad? 

We need him for depth as much as anything else

our midfield is currently him, Westwood, tish, Gardner, bacuna, jedinak, lyden

gardner has done very little to impress so far, assuming bacuna stays at RB for now, lyden is still untested, he should be 4th choice in a long season

I can't see him playing or staying.

RDM doesn't strike me as being someone not willing to give those who deserve it a chance, the fact we haven't seen him in a match day squad tells me he hasn't shown anything to warrant an opportunity.

He'll go back to France I'm sure and will become another one to add to the ever expanding list of failed signings.

Â