Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sell him. Farming him out to shit league on loan isn't going to benefit us. He'll simply return after his loan and give us more of the same shite from last season.

Would not agree that a player can't develop a lot during a season in League 1, just look at what remarkable progress Ben Arfa had a Nice.

Came on a free and scored 17 goals and made 6 assists, then sold to PSG for good money

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I get the impression he doesn't want to be part of this team. 

I agree. It's a shame because I think he'd do well in the championship. Ayew and McCormack made so many good runs, but our midfield couldn't pick them out or spot them. I was thinking how Veretout would've been very useful with competent strikers. 

• Like 1

If the rumors about the club not helping him settle at all and Tim not even speaking to him are true, I can see why he want's to move on.

I can imagine, with all that has happened at the club during the summer, that it's only natural that not much attention has been put towards him and his situation here.

Also think there is a player in there, but can't see him remaining here.

Yeah, he did not take his chances here, but I blame the previous staff for him not getting the proper support.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I agree. It's a shame because I think he'd do well in the championship. Ayew and McCormack made so many good runs, but our midfield couldn't pick them out or spot them. I was thinking how Veretout would've been very useful with competent strikers. 

Absolutely spot on. 

I've seen things he possess which I don't think any of our midfielders in his position have (Maybe Tshibola) - which is quick feet with the ability to turn away from players with quick turn. Then he has a quality delivery with his set-pieces. The talent is there!! C'mon Jordan.....stay!

Edited by Jay.P.A
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sne said:

Would not agree that a player can't develop a lot during a season in League 1, just look at what remarkable progress Ben Arfa had a Nice.

Came on a free and scored 17 goals and made 6 assists, then sold to PSG for good money

Sure but I seriously doubt he'd be anywhere near as prolific in a proper league. No coincidence that he looks much better in Ligue 1 vs Premier League IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

sold for a Bosman ;)

2 hours ago, sne said:

If the rumors about the club not helping him settle at all and Tim not even speaking to him are true, I can see why he want's to move on.

Sherwood left at the end of October so don't think the blame can be fully held at his door. If Garde couldn't get a reaction from the player then its perhaps for the best if he moves on

17 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Its hard to remember now but the hype behind this guy when we signed him was intense. And yet he was another one of our big bag of midfield passengers.

Agreed. Achieved nothing of note in a Villa shirt. A complete waste of money. 

22 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Its hard to remember now but the hype behind this guy when we signed him was intense. And yet he was another one of our big bag of midfield passengers.

Yeah but the hype was largely generated by people who had probably never seen him play. Just like when any club signs a foreign player, the youtube videos are trotted out and he's the next superstar and then he plays half of one game and everyone realises he's Tonev.

• Like 2

Â