Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

2 hours ago, Villastine said:

RDM said he will not work with players who have told him they want to leave. (he mentioned when talking about Lescott)

I am presuming Veretout is also one of these players.

I think it was in relation to Traore  but no doubt applies to a few other as well including Veretout

I dont think he has the fight in him to challenge for a first team spot, even last season when he did play he coasted along a bit and not really going full on and seems to expect to start every game

Don't understand the huge stick Adama is getting for not wanting to be here...and yet people are suggesting Veretout comes back.

Let's look at things simply. Veretout played a few pre season games, started the Nantes game....and hasn't been seen or heard since. Dosen't take a genius to work out that around that time he informed RDM he didn't want to play in the championship.

• Like 2

Its going to be interesting to see how the Dr deals with these players stating they want to leave, do we freeze them out completely , loan them out and subsides the wages , sell them cheap/ free......?

My instinct would be to wait a month keeping them away from the main squad , then slowly introduce the better back in once the positive influences have got a hold of the silent majority.

Au Revoir - sounds like he is leaving us tomorrow for Saint Etienne.

Dominique Rocheteau : "Jordan Veretout devrait arriver demain" #ASSEMHSC

Translated apparently as :“It is not signed yet, but it should be done tomorrow (Monday)"

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I'm disappointed in him more than anything else. Thought he could have been a decent player, was hoping a spell in the Championship under a different regime may have given him the confidence he needed to express his talent. 

But seems he's just kinda sulked and wanted out. Shame. If him leaving means we sign another player who actually wants to play for the club then so be it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Au Revoir - sounds like he is leaving us tomorrow for Saint Etienne.

Dominique Rocheteau : "Jordan Veretout devrait arriver demain" #ASSEMHSC

Translated apparently as :“It is not signed yet, but it should be done tomorrow (Monday)"

Thank God for that, crap player

He came, he saw and was ^%$£.

Shame as thought he was a talented player before he arrived, oh well.

Us allowing him to go suggests another midfielder is on the way.... pretty sure we'll add one soon!

(He must so wish he picked Leicester)

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

He came, he saw and was ^%$£.

Shame as thought he was a talented player before he arrived, oh well.

Us allowing him to go suggests another midfielder is on the way.... pretty sure we'll add one soon!

(He must so wish he picked Leicester)

Yes and Leicester must be so happy he didn't 

• Like 2

Came with a big rep, but looked a million miles from what was required. I think he was so bad that some 'experts' thought there was more to him. I noticed his body language wasn't great very early on. I wonder if he ever really wanted to be here ? 

No redeeming features for me. If he goes backs to france, and tears up the division , and goes to be a stalwart of the national team - Then yeah I will admit I got it wrong. But I suspect there will be a whole series of loans before he finally drops off the radar into football nothingness  

Â