Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If no one comes in I think RDM will give him an opportunity. Suprised Nantes have not come back in for him tbh as much as they didn't want him to go.

I would not mind at all if he stayed.  I still think there is a lot of potential there that could be developed - but it all comes down to attitude again and whether RDM thinks he needs him.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

Still a while to go, but if he's going to still be here I hope RDM will be big enough to build bridges and get the best out of him.  In this new team I think he could be really useful in providing assists to the front men, with a bit more steel around him in midfield and a stronger defence behind.  Certainly think he could offer more than Adama.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If no one comes in I think RDM will give him an opportunity. Suprised Nantes have not come back in for him tbh as much as they didn't want him to go.

because they are broke and so are most French clubs that arent PSG or Monaco

Nantes have spent about 2.5million this summer

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because they are broke and so are most French clubs that arent PSG or Monaco

Nantes have spent about 2.5million this summer

wow really didnt realise that, im sure they can afford a loan though

If his head is right and he is willing to stay and fight he'd be ideal to keep. There's a lot more to come from him. I just hope that if he wants to go we can get him move we don't need people at the club regardless of talent who don't want to fight and be here. That goes for Adama too. 

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I really think he'd excel next to jedinak. He had the most assists last season and he was always in and out of the side. Shame. 

Weren't most of his assists from set plays? We now have Jedinak and McCormack who take good set pieces, Veretout offered little from open play so he'd be redundant in the team now.

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I really think he'd excel next to jedinak. He had the most assists last season and he was always in and out of the side. Shame. 

You might be right.  I suppose a lot of it depends on where his head is, and what RDM's plans are for him and Tshibola, as obviously Aaron would be the one to make way.

He's definitely in the category of "wouldn't mind staying but if he wants to go let him go". Had moments last season and felt RDM could have worked with; however clearly either a) not good enough (unlikely IMO) or b ) wants to go (very likely IMO).

au revoir et bonne chance. 

strange he isn't around the team list for match day...   if he was genuine and wanted to leave, thought that would be the best option available right now and vice versa, if there was a chance he was staying, then surely he's in our best 16??

I like the bloke. He had a rough first season, in a new country, he has a young family who found things difficult, and found himself in a sh#t team full of tossers,  

But through his inconsistency i think there were signs of a very good player in there, and i was looking forward to seeing him this season. I'm not going to be massively disappointed if he leaves because the squad needed overhauling, and he is part of that so be it. But if we could keep hold of the guy i think he could be a really good player for us. When you consider that Gary Gardener was the only midfield option we had on the bench against Huddersfield, we aren't exactly blessed in that area of the pitch. 

Sorry I just want him gone. Apart from his big fee and big reputation - on the pitch I see no redeeming features. The fact he is no where near the first team squad suggests (IMO) he has told RDM that he see's his future elsewhere.

To be honest I would rather see Lyden in the team. 

6 hours ago, Skills said:

strange he isn't around the team list for match day...   if he was genuine and wanted to leave, thought that would be the best option available right now and vice versa, if there was a chance he was staying, then surely he's in our best 16??

Seems along with Sherwood, Garde, Black - RDM has deemed him not up to first team level. Pretty damming TBH.

Â