Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I meant us. He wouldn't have gone if he wanted to play for us. I think it's pretty clear he had no desire to help us get promoted. 

Thanks for clarifying that. If that is the case then as I said earlier: 

39 minutes ago, John said:

I wish him well as long as this move was not due to his not wanting to play for us this season. 

I like him, and I think he's a decent player, but at the end of the day we can get by without him. 

I find the loan disappointing, much better to sell these players. Marseille are broke as well, I bet they're not paying all his wages. 

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I like him, and I think he's a decent player, but at the end of the day we can get by without him. 

I find the loan disappointing, much better to sell these players. Marseille are broke as well, I bet they're not paying all his wages. 

If our players are as shit as many are making out then it's hardly surprising we aren't getting them sold!

• Like 2

Consider this: A young, talented player, persuaded to move to a new country with his wife and a young baby. Trying to get comfortable with his new role as a father - and as a new player at the club that brought him to the UK, getting instructed in a non-native language - and then not even been given the time of the day by the manager (who apparently told media that he didn't want you signed at all). And then (after having a manager you actually could understand for a period of time, even though he proved unable to improve results sufficiently): an interim manager that didn't play you even once. Ever.

Why should he 'want to play for us'? Really? Being in his shoes, I'd look to get my career back on track, shortish.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He clearly had a hard time settling last season.  Not speaking English, living in a hotel with a newborn, idiots in charge of the club who didn't have the first idea of integrating players like him.  I think it's as much a failure on the club's part as Veretout, I think he'd be better off sticking it out here in the long term but it's up to him.

This 100%. He was at the Belfry for a while if i remember correctly. My missus on occasions had to take washing and other stuff up to his room. She said that it looked like they were struggling. Understandable really with a new born and being in a new country and with speaking very little english. Makes you wonder how much the club did help him. Sherwood was also living there at the time so i dont know what happened about them not speaking and stuff as there was plenty of oppotunity.

4 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

This 100%. He was at the Belfry for a while if i remember correctly. My missus on occasions had to take washing and other stuff up to his room. She said that it looked like they were struggling. Understandable really with a new born and being in a new country and with speaking very little english. Makes you wonder how much the club did help him. Sherwood was also living there at the time so i dont know what happened about them not speaking and stuff as there was plenty of oppotunity.

A club of Villa's stature really should have someone on their staff helping foreign players settling in. Oh, wait....

• Like 1

Think we should keep at least for another season.

Another midfielder we are currently lauding as a great Mr Stan Petrov, played a great debut game against West Ham and did nothing for 1.5 seasons, suddenly it clicked and we all loved him.  Stan said he had problems settling and so did his family and he was only coming from Scotland.

The club was a complete shambles last season and we sacked the person whose job it was to help new foreign players settle.

This also smells like the same situation when Angel arrived, new young family struggling to settle etc.

I personally would keep him

• Like 4

Off to join a struggling french team in the bottom of ligue 1. 

He should be fine there, nowhere near good enough for the premier league or championship. Lazy and unfit, total passenger in the middle of the park most of time and blowing out of his arse after an hour which was amazing being as he never put a shift in

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TB said:

Consider this: A young, talented player, persuaded to move to a new country with his wife and a young baby. Trying to get comfortable with his new role as a father - and as a new player at the club that brought him to the UK, getting instructed in a non-native language - and then not even been given the time of the day by the manager (who apparently told media that he didn't want you signed at all). And then (after having a manager you actually could understand for a period of time, even though he proved unable to improve results sufficiently): an interim manager that didn't play you even once. Ever.

Why should he 'want to play for us'? Really? Being in his shoes, I'd look to get my career back on track, shortish.

Yes those professional footballers have it tough don't they.

Everything comes back to 'what did he show on the pitch' ? - Very little. His fitness looked suspect, as did his desire. Can see this geezer leaving on free as his contract ticks down. 

I remember when JPA joined us he struggled the first few months because the club did not have decent liaison procedures in place.  I had hoped we had moved away from that and improved.  It seems we did not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I remember when JPA joined us he struggled the first few months because the club did not have decent liaison procedures in place.  I had hoped we had moved away from that and improved.  It seems we did not

Sorry, it's all our fault a player we signed for 10m and he couldn't complete 90 mins without looking knackered after 60.
He was also awful most games and completely anonymous.

Gana is a much better player, and I don't particularly think he's great either. 

It was the job of Lorna McLelland to help players intergrate into a new life and squad, but it appears she has now left the club. Although she was here when Veretout was having issues, so not sure where it went wrong in this case..

McLelland leaves club

37 minutes ago, KHV said:

Off to join a struggling french team in the bottom of ligue 1. 

He should be fine there, nowhere near good enough for the premier league or championship. Lazy and unfit, total passenger in the middle of the park most of time and blowing out of his arse after an hour which was amazing being as he never put a shift in

This is just absolute garbage.  Whilst the "good enough" part is about opinion (and you're wrong B)), to call the guy unfit and lazy is just completely untrue.

Ashley Westwood covers more blades of grass per game than his other Aston Villa team-mates. ...

... Jordan Ayew (11.27 km), Carles Gil (11.26 km). Jack Grealish (11.11 km) and Jordan Veretout (10.87 km) complete the top 5 of Villa’s hardest workers based on an average of 90 minutes.

(Link:   http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/find-out-how-far-gabby-11075810)

He'll go on to have a successful career.  Such a shame that he happened to be a part of last seasons' Villa circus. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It was the job of Lorna McLelland to help players intergrate into a new life and squad, but it appears she has now left the club. Although she was here when Veretout was having issues, so not sure where it went wrong in this case..

McLelland leaves club

What issues did Veretout have ?

He wasn't good enough - 3 managers have already come to that conclusion (possibly 4 if you count RDM) . I d seriously rip someones hand of  at any offer over £3m - 

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This is just absolute garbage.  Whilst the "good enough" part is about opinion (and you're wrong B)), to call the guy unfit and lazy is just completely untrue.

Ashley Westwood covers more blades of grass per game than his other Aston Villa team-mates. ...

... Jordan Ayew (11.27 km), Carles Gil (11.26 km). Jack Grealish (11.11 km) and Jordan Veretout (10.87 km) complete the top 5 of Villa’s hardest workers based on an average of 90 minutes.

(Link:   http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/find-out-how-far-gabby-11075810)

He'll go on to have a successful career.  Such a shame that he happened to be a part of last seasons' Villa circus. 

Id vouch for the unfit part to be honest. He looked knackered around 20 minutes - and the process of getting knackered didn't produce much either..

Â