Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

40 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

It was a pre-season friendly ffs.

People read too much into things that aren't really there IMO.

Yet when players do well in pre-season games people seem to read quite a bit into those performances.

In an ideal world we'd be seeing good performances from him and a real intent to impress. Instead today we saw what he did for most of last season, and it's not good enough. 

If the opportunity came to sell him for a decent fee then we should absolutely take it IMO. I just do not think he's capable of dominating games in the way we all hoped he would.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

It was a pre-season friendly ffs.

People read too much into things that aren't really there IMO.

Like the people having kittens yesterday because they didn't like the starting lineup we fielded :crylaugh:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yet when players do well in pre-season games people seem to read quite a bit into those performances.

In an ideal world we'd be seeing good performances from him and a real intent to impress. Instead today we saw what he did for most of last season, and it's not good enough. 

If the opportunity came to sell him for a decent fee then we should absolutely take it IMO. I just do not think he's capable of dominating games in the way we all hoped he would.

reading into them and enjoying them aren't really the same thing.

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

reading into them and enjoying them aren't really the same thing.

But it's clearly not the case that people simply enjoy them. If someone performs well in pre-season then often people 'read' into those performance, so on that basis it is equally valid to raise some concerns about how players perform in pre-season, especially if they performed poorly for the majority of last season.

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dosen't want to here imo, fair enough as he could've been playing for Leicester now...

He'd be like Kramaric... Would never have got in ahead of drink water and Kante in the midfield and as number 10 mahrez was there..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He'd be like Kramaric... Would never have got in ahead of drink water and Kante in the midfield and as number 10 mahrez was there..

Yes could never fit in as a two in midfield so he would have been nothing more than a bench warmer for Leicester. 

On 24/07/2016 at 15:56, Stevo985 said:

Like the people having kittens yesterday because they didn't like the starting lineup we fielded :crylaugh:

Yet they're the same people judging our entire season based on that one line up and performance. 

Pre season is such a meh to me. I don't pay attention at all anymore. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yet they're the same people judging our entire season based on that one line up and performance. 

Pre season is such a meh to me. I don't pay attention at all anymore. 

I always paid close attention. But we'd smash games in pre-season, winning 3 or 4 nil. Then the season would be one long slog until the inevitable last six games, where we'd all do our bbc predictors to see if we'd get enough points to stay up. Now I don't bother, I usually just check the score and read about which players look up for it and which ones can't be arsed. The teams we see pre-season will not be close to what we see opening day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On his way to Saint Etienne on loan according to french papers

Edit: Real Betis rumored to be interested in a permanent move

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, sne said:

On his way to Saint Etienne on loan according to french papers

Edit: Real Betis rumored to be interested in a permanent move

I'd take the permanent move. Loans never really work out because they go play for a season and you just end up selling them cheaper anyway because they have a year less left on their contract. No chance we'll get the money we spent on him back. Be lucky to get half.

I'd be happy to let him go. I can see an excellent player in there somewhere, but whether we'll see I here, I'm not sure.

A loan would suit us. If he impresses, we might be able to use him or sell him for a decent fee. At the moment we may have to accept a low fee to sell him.

Â