Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Truth be told he is not cut out for us right now, mentally he comes across frail and I think that we as a club are in a more hungrier fighting spirit than Veretout.

I hope he has a cracking season and will be like a new signing when we're a premier league team next season.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1

Watch him boss Ligue 1 now.  It's for the best that he's gone though.  As much as I think he has plenty of ability, if he didn't fancy the Championship then he's no good to us.  Whether we have a need for him next season remains to be seen.  But I can't imagine him wanting to come back if he does have a good season over there.  At best he'll increase our asking price.  I think in reality this is a proper au revoir.

• Like 1

Despite the big fee and the big hype. The harsh reality was there close to zero ability there. Harsh, well if he goes on to be a roaring success elsewhere then I will hold my hands and say I got it wrong. As Ive said before - I just expect a series of loans - at lesser and lesser clubs until his contract expires.

• Like 1

Agree with BOF, there is a decent player in there, but he needs to be wanted by those around him, players, manager and fans. He struggled to settle in Brum and was cast aside by Toxic Tim without justification and/or warning.

At the Albion game he looked to be getting to grips with the physicality and speed of the Prem and yet was soon dropped again. Think that once back in France and with a little more experieince he will prove to be the player we thought we signed. 

Whenever he played I did not see enough quality from him to suggest to me he would ever make it as a Premier League player for us. I think it's best he goes home and carves out a career for himself there and hopefully we can recoup all the money we paid for him. To think that Leicester bought Kante on the back of Veretout turning to them down in favour of us is quite gutting.

Having said that, if Kante had joined us maybe he would be heading back to France on loan this season instead of being transferred to a top PL side for over £30m. I am sure all of our managers last season would have found some excuse to have kept him on the bench too!

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

No option to buy, which suggests we may want to keep him?

Or that they know he won't ever want to go back to England so we'll let him go even cheaper next summer. I'd be suprised if we get anything back for this guy to be honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Truth be told he is not cut out for us right now, mentally he comes across frail and I think that we as a club are in a more hungrier fighting spirit than Veretout.

I hope he has a cracking season and will be like a new signing when we're a premier league team next season.

He seemed to be a fighter on the pitch last season? Our best deeper-lying centre mid IMO. Wish him well.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

He must be gutted, could of ended the season with a premier league winners medal. 

Could have ended...

It's a shame - I think Veretout is a good player and will go on to have a good career somewhere.  Hopefully it's with us, starting next season.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Hang on. There was plenty of ability in Veretout, I thought that was obvious personally. 

I like him, but he doesn't have the fight or physicality for English football. Unless he finds some he won't succeed here, so this is a logical move.

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

He has the quality but his attitude was terrible.  Good riddance to most miserable sour face player I've seen play for us. Every photo I seen him in he looked like he wanted to jump off a bridge...

Have I walked into the Jordan Ayew thread?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Hang on. There was plenty of ability in Veretout, I thought that was obvious personally. 

I like him, but he doesn't have the fight or physicality for English football. Unless he finds some he won't succeed here, so this is a logical move.

Ignore @hippo I think Veretout slept with his missus.

Â