Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

That article has a picture of Andre Ayew at the top. It's not even the right player. Just sayin'.

Brilliant :crylaugh:  I think we've found an early contender for "Article" of the year :)

• Like 2

Sadly you have to att least take 50% of the price when segling to a foreign club compared to PL one.

The market for players (especially English ones) is inflated in England.  Outside this market it's no where near the same prices  

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Sadly you have to att least take 50% of the price when segling to a foreign club compared to PL one.

The market for players (especially English ones) is inflated in England.  Outside this market it's no where near the same prices  

Not if you don't want to sell you don't.

• Like 1

If we could sell Ayew and use the funds to  get Mcormack for a comparable fee - I would do that deal to be honest. Ayew blows very hot and cold and we don't know how he will do in this division - Mccormack is pretty much proven at this level.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

If we could sell Ayew and use the funds to  get Mcormack for a comparable fee - I would do that deal to be honest. Ayew blows very hot and cold and we don't know how he will do in this division - Mccormack is pretty much proven at this level.

These are my feelings more or less. I love Ayew's work rate however, he can be a bit hit and miss at times. He also appears to be very individualistic and it's hard to imagine him working in a partnership (not that he doesn't put a shift in). Ideally, I would like to keep him but for arguments sake, 2 out Ayew, Bamford and McCormack would work for me.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Sounds like a rehash of that one story.  In a world where Troy Deeney is worth 30m, we shouldn't sell Ayew for anything less than 20imo. 

Agreed.

Unless, of course, he has a release clause of, say.... £9m.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hippo said:

You're still in the mentality that Lerner is our owner. Why not keep Ayew and sign McCormack too? Those two up top in the championship would be fantastic. 

• Like 2

On 03/07/2016 at 12:16, TrentVilla said:

Yes he could be but personally I'm not convinced he did enough to peak that much interest this summer.

Your writing is far better than mine but I think that should be "pique".

I may be wrong. 

5 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Your writing is far better than mine but I think that should be "pique".

I may be wrong. 

There is no need to be piquee about it. 

• Like 1

On 05/07/2016 at 12:15, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The report goes onto state that while Galatasaray are unwilling to match the €9 million which Villa paid for him, they are considering a loan bid for the Ghana international.

I trust we are also considering a suitable way to tell his agent and them that we are not interested in selling Jordan or loaning him. He can play a big part in getting us back up and if he leaves we will need to sign 2 rather than 1 striker during this window. It is for me as much about keeping the players we want to keep as signing new players.     

On 1 July 2016 at 14:18, StanBalaban said:

The interviewer has sent me the link to the video.

Sorry StabBalaban it won't let me unquote you! 

Ayew on a Hat trick tonight... I hope he sticks around. Could be class in the Championship!

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Against an amateur side. 

It's all goals and it's all confidence building. Doesn't matter if it's against Chelsea or some Sunday League team scoring goals always feels good. 

• Like 1

Â