Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

What's he naive about?

He's probably naive to the fact that people are sad enough to care about this stuff so much that should it not work out, it feels like their whole world is falling apart.

In the grand scheme of things, who really gives a shit if he says he's staying and then he goes? Or vice verser. 

• Like 2

He is naive to think if he says a player is staying that it is so. Players have a all the power. Not that that will be the case here but if a tempting club make a bid...Ayew and Amavi were to kick up a fuss( like 95% of footballers seem to do) then he has put himself in a very difficult position.

54 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I imagine Tony knows all about a footballer's motivation in life and has cut a deal with Ayew and Amavi to stay put. 

based on his career as a top level footballer or athlete?

I think the only people who are naive are the ones that think that a hugely successful businessman, a man looking to make a lasting possitve first impression, would come out with such a statement without knowing for a fact that that statement was near enough impossible to backfire on him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

What's he naive about?

He's probably naive to the fact that people are sad enough to care about this stuff so much that should it not work out, it feels like their whole world is falling apart.

In the grand scheme of things, who really gives a shit if he says he's staying and then he goes? Or vice verser. 

Some football fans. Like the ones who cry at matches, or moan because the new kit doesn't look gorgeous enough, or because their pie was cold, or because their favourite seat was taken away, or because the net spend in a transfer window didn't hit their own arbitrary figure, or because the club signed a player they didn't like/rate.

There are loads of irrational supporters who probably don't have anything better to do than moan about the Villa. 

He needs to be aware of that. Now of course, it doesn't make it right that football fans will treat broken promises about a man who once played for their football club, but now doesn't, as some kind of personal life crisis, but it happens and they'll let it be known how very upset they are. 

Look at the backlash against Delph. He went to a place he thought he could win more trophies and earn more cash, but the fury against him from grown men made you think he'd shagged their imaginary girlfriend when all he did was go to a bigger club, to earn more cash, and to enhance his prospects of winning something. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The only people who decide whether a player goes nowadays is the player and his agent. Xia, I love your enthusiasm but you are one naive bastard.

Unless there is a release clause, Xia can just say no, and let any player stagnate for the remainder of his contract. Needing to get a fee for a player, or being unwilling to take that hit, is what gives the player the power.

50 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Unless there is a release clause, Xia can just say no, and let any player stagnate for the remainder of his contract. Needing to get a fee for a player, or being unwilling to take that hit, is what gives the player the power.

What year do you live in?

Like others i'm wondering, has this been reported? didn't the owner say he is staying? If I were the owner and he even decided to kick up a fuss I would let him rot in the reserves for embarrassing me, football has gotten so ridiculous it seems people have forgotten OWNERS are just that, and players are bloody employees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Some football fans. Like the ones who cry at matches, or moan because the new kit doesn't look gorgeous enough, or because their pie was cold, or because their favourite seat was taken away, or because the net spend in a transfer window didn't hit their own arbitrary figure, or because the club signed a player they didn't like/rate.

There are loads of irrational supporters who probably don't have anything better to do than moan about the Villa. 

He needs to be aware of that. Now of course, it doesn't make it right that football fans will treat broken promises about a man who once played for their football club, but now doesn't, as some kind of personal life crisis, but it happens and they'll let it be known how very upset they are. 

Look at the backlash against Delph. He went to a place he thought he could win more trophies and earn more cash, but the fury against him from grown men made you think he'd shagged their imaginary girlfriend when all he did was go to a bigger club, to earn more cash, and to enhance his prospects of winning something. 

Maybe he's not naive to that? Maybe he isn't too fussed of the potential backlash should something that right now he clearly unforsees, occurs.

After all, it says a lot more about them, than him imo. 

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Well i think we have any ambitions of promotion this season we need to keep Ayew and sign 2 more strikers

Ayew up front with a genuine goalscorer (like the guy at Bristol) is what's required. The likes of Gestede should prove to be decent back up in that league. 

I'd imagine Tony can be quite ruthless if he wants to be. He's already commented along the lines of managers needing to be in the top six or risk their job. You also don't get to a position like his in business without being tough and decisive. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ayew up front with a genuine goalscorer (like the guy at Bristol) is what's required. The likes of Gestede should prove to be decent back up in that league. 

I'd be very happy with Ayew and McCormack up front. Gestede, RHB and Bamford as back up. I don't think Bamford would come to be back up so we'd probably end up with Gabby instead. 

Ayew should be looking at at least 15 to 20 goals next season, with a decent amount of assists as well. Abel Hernandez got 21 goals for Hull last season, and he was crap in the premier league. Even Clayton Donaldson at Blues hit double figures, and had 7 assists as well. 

Â