Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

22 minutes ago, andym said:

Ayew should be looking at at least 15 to 20 goals next season, with a decent amount of assists as well. Abel Hernandez got 21 goals for Hull last season, and he was crap in the premier league. Even Clayton Donaldson at Blues hit double figures, and had 7 assists as well. 

I'd be disappointed with 15 goals...for me he should be pushing mid 20's there are that many games and he obviously has some ability

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'd be disappointed with 15 goals...for me he should be pushing mid 20's there are that many games and he obviously has some ability

I think 15-20 is fair, he's not an out and out number 9 and he has never had a particularly good scoring record at any club team he has been at, and that has included clubs in a league that isn't of particularly high standard.

If he could play off of a proper number 9 then I'd imagine he'd score his fair share and create a few too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bar maybe one or two players, I think Ayew is comfortably the best forward in this league, even if he is an above average premier league one. 20 is the benchmark for me.

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do people think he will stick with us? Surely a prem side would take a 8-10  mil punt on him, that's lose change now for a top flight side.

They can punt all they like. We can simply reject any offer.

I imagine that since Tony has tweeted he's staying, Ayew has given his assurances to the club he's happy with this approach (though maybe with an agreement that a move to a CL club could be done). 

January could be a different matter though.

A lot of people on this thread and others talking about Tony like he fell off the last rainbow.... c'mon this is a multi millionaire businessman. Unless you're Randy Lerner you dont get that rich unless you're shrewd, savvy, intelligent and a little bit of a prick (at least a little more often a big bit). This guy isnt stupid have you stopped to think that he is showing some strength which is what this club needs from our owner instead of them being a weak word removed like the last decade. Show them who's the boss Tony!!!!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

A lot of people on this thread and others talking about Tony like he fell off the last rainbow.... c'mon this is a multi millionaire businessman. Unless you're Randy Lerner you dont get that rich unless you're shrewd, savvy, intelligent and a little bit of a prick (at least a little more often a big bit). This guy isnt stupid have you stopped to think that he is showing some strength which is what this club needs from our owner instead of them being weak word removed like the last decade. Show them who's the boss Tony!!!!

In how many other businesses has he had to deal with customers who are actually a fan base and buy into the business on a totally different level. ? Shrewd businessmen he may be, savvy and intelligent to some degree as well but I'm afraid this is a whole new board game with these customers looking for your every word and taking it for granted and reading into what you say any message you want.

23 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Look at the backlash against Delph. He went to a place he thought he could win more trophies and earn more cash, but the fury against him from grown men made you think he'd shagged their imaginary girlfriend when all he did was go to a bigger club, to earn more cash, and to enhance his prospects of winning something. 

I understand what you are saying but I think this is completely missing the reason for the bile against the snake. It's not because he went to a currently richer (man city are not a bigger club than us they are just current up on their luck) to earn more cash and win trophies,  it's the way he went about it. 

I think most people would understand why he would go so all he had to do was go and the majority would have shrugged their shoulders and not actually blame him. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I understand what you are saying but I think this is completely missing the reason for the bile against the snake. It's not because he went to a currently richer (man city are not a bigger club than us they are just current up on their luck) to earn more cash and win trophies,  it's the way he went about it. 

I think most people would understand why he would go so all he had to do was go and the majority would have shrugged their shoulders and not actually blame him. 

Yep. You only have to look at benteke leaving to see that. 

• Like 1

The point remains.

A footballer said some things that he didn't mean and grown men acted like jilted lovers & took to social media or whatever to do a whole load of knicker wetting. 

So if Ayew gets sold, when Xia said he wouldn't, some fans will be rather pissed off about it all because they've been lied to (as per Delph).

Whether Xia can handle the flak or not, it will be an immediate erosion of trust and could, potentially, bring that toxic atmosphere of mistrust back to the surface. 

Like I said - I hope he stays, so it shows Xia means business, but, knowing footballers and how things like this can change in the game, I'm not sure it was wise to make such big claims on Twitter. 

4 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The point remains.

A footballer said soe things that he didn't mean and grown men acted like jilted lovers & took to social media or whatever to do a whole load of knicker wetting. 

So if Ayew gets sold, when Xia said he wouldn't, some fans will be rather pissed off about it all because they've been lied to (as per Delph).

Whether Xia can handle the flak or not, it will be an immediate erosion of trust and could, potentially, bring that toxic atmosphere of mistrust back to the surface. 

Like I said - I hope he stays, so it shows Xia means business, but, knowing footballers and how things like this can change in the game, I'm not sure it was wise to make such big claims on Twitter.

I think it's slightly different. Delph was the one telling the lies, I believe Dr X fully believes ayew will stay but circumstances may change and things might happen out of his full control. Delph on the other hand lied to us all and went over the top with the things he was saying when in secret he had demanded such a low release clause. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's slightly different. Delph was the one telling the lies, I believe Dr X fully believes ayew will stay but circumstances may change and things might happen out of his full control. Delph on the other hand lied to us all and went over the top with the things he was saying when in secret he had demanded such a low release clause. 

You're right, it is a very different scenario im my view. One has good intentions at heart and one manipulated the very people who supported him.

• Like 1

Â