Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That loyalty will soon disappear if someone adds 20k onto his weekly wage.

I'm not sure under the current regime, we have no reason to sell and I actually think the players will genuinely want to stay for the season at least.  I reckon if Ayew, Amavi, Adama and co stay and get us promoted next year, they will set the PL alight the year after.

The thought has crossed my mind as to whether RDM has been given a bit of licence regarding salaries.

Given that we appear to have a certain amount of financial backing, could it be that although relegation clauses may well be written into contracts, that RDM has a bit of manoeuvre not to implement them, or at least not to implement them in full? An extra million in wages could well be better than having to fork out on a replacement.

7 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

The thought has crossed my mind as to whether RDM has been given a bit of licence regarding salaries.

Given that we appear to have a certain amount of financial backing, could it be that although relegation clauses may well be written into contracts, that RDM has a bit of manoeuvre not to implement them, or at least not to implement them in full? An extra million in wages could well be better than having to fork out on a replacement.

That would mean new contracts, and I doubt that would happen. And relegation clause salaries in the Championship are still considerable, compared with European leagues, which to my mind would be the only place where there would be interest in any of our better players. I suspect this may have a bearing on some of our players deciding to stay, although it is probably unfair of me to suggest that there may not be a certain amount of loyalty involved.

the snake has ruined all faith i ever had in footballer quotes. but if this isnt a mis-translation and he follows through with it then fair play to the guy because there is no doubt he could get a move back to the prem this summer if he pushed for it

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That would mean new contracts, and I doubt that would happen. And relegation clause salaries in the Championship are still considerable, compared with European leagues, which to my mind would be the only place where there would be interest in any of our better players. I suspect this may have a bearing on some of our players deciding to stay, although it is probably unfair of me to suggest that there may not be a certain amount of loyalty involved.

Contracts are re-written quite regularly when a club seek to secure the services of a player-Bentekes at the time Spurs were sniffing is the obvious example.

It is not beyond the realms of belief to hope that RDM has a certain amount of scope to tinker with contracts on the players that he would like to keep hold of but are vulnerable to counter offers.

I think you are being a tad naïve if you think that the relegation contracts are set in stone and that they cannot be altered if the club want to keep hold of a player.

50 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

That wouldn't surprise me and would be good business when you factor in agents fees etc.  For a couple of players at least.

39 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Contracts are re-written quite regularly when a club seek to secure the services of a player-Bentekes at the time Spurs were sniffing is the obvious example.

It is not beyond the realms of belief to hope that RDM has a certain amount of scope to tinker with contracts on the players that he would like to keep hold of but are vulnerable to counter offers.

I think you are being a tad naïve if you think that the relegation contracts are set in stone and that they cannot be altered if the club want to keep hold of a player.

Not wanting to get too involved in a discussion about this, but when you say `re-written' and `altered', would that not then necessitate a new contract.

Whatever it is, I agree with you totally, it would be good business if they do give certain players incentives to remain.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its very easy to be loyal until temptation is placed in your way.

Your right if southampton or west ham made a bid for example he would be gone straight away

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your right if southampton or west ham made a bid for example he would be gone straight away

For sure, but having said that this is the guy's career. He's not a fan and I'm sure we'd all do the same.

What is encouraging is that he's seemingly up for the challenge of playing in the Championship and getting us promoted whilst he is here, instead of getting his agent to engineer any old move. I've spoken to the person that interviewed him in Ghana on Twitter, and she said he seemed genuinely happy to be at Villa. Can't ask for much more than that. I think he'll be brilliant and tear up the Championship!  

57 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its very easy to be loyal until temptation is placed in your way.

Agreed - but pleasing to hear he's not actively (at least, on the face of it) seeking a move away.

17 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The interviewer has sent me the link to the video.

seeing the interview and not just reading quotes out of context. I think he will leave once he gets an offer. 

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Yeah, didn't look too convincing did it. I hoping that's just his natural demeanour though. Ah well, we'll see. 

Not at all. Shame that. Take that one line out of context.. looks like hes staying.. but he even mentioned he might leave at the end of the interview as well. Was very non committal.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Agreed - but pleasing to hear he's not actively (at least, on the face of it) seeking a move away.

I'm afraid I place absolutely no store in what any footballer says on this topic any more when they've a microphone in their face and no agent in their ear.

Think Downing, Delph and the rest.

Ayew may be true to his word but I'm afraid the word of footballers generally is worth about as much as Gabby.

• Like 4

Â