Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

£15m probably doesn't even get you a Jordan Rhodes, and Ayew is twice the player, we would be mad to sell unless Ayew is absolutely adamant he wants out. 

It feels quite strange to read that we should be looking at £5/6m from Celtic for a player that hasn't been seen for 18 months, but only £12/15m for Ayew, the only player imo to come out of last season with any credit.  If we manage to keep him I'm going to absolutely lump on him finishing he season as the league's top scorer. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

If Ayew is sold then all bets are off regarding Tony - he has said he is staying.

It's similar to being told Downing wouldnt be sold for less than 50M.  Or that we should imagine what Mcleish would do under an owner that backed him.  Or from Faulkner that we are pushing for top six and european football just as we started the bug slump backwards.

Just one more in a list of bullshit lies from the club and what BFR used to say was dont tell me show me.  Lots of tell and not much show so far but being used to it from the days of Lerner it is not surprising.  A little disappointing I guess if we expected change but not surprising

• Like 1

We will not be able to replace him on a like for like basis with £8m, £12m or £15m in the current transfer market. We need to keep him and our owner has told us he plans to do so. If we do not our hopes of promotion will have taken a very big hit.  

1 minute ago, John said:

We will not be able to replace him on a like for like basis with £8m, £12m or £15m in the current transfer market. We need to keep him and our owner has told us he plans to do so. If we do not our hopes of promotion will have taken a very big hit.  

When have we ever replaced like for like though John? And it is not hard to suspect we will follow the same route now.  We sold Downing and Young and replaced with Nzogbia.  We sold Milner and got Ireland.  We sold Benteke for 32M and got Gestede and Ayew himself for cheaper.  I had hoped things had changed but on current evidence I am not optimistic

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Richard said:
1 hour ago, Jareth said:

If Ayew is sold then all bets are off regarding Tony - he has said he is staying.

It's similar to being told Downing wouldnt be sold for less than 50M.  Or that we should imagine what Mcleish would do under an owner that backed him.  Or from Faulkner that we are pushing for top six and european football just as we started the bug slump backwards.

Just one more in a list of bullshit lies from the club and what BFR used to say was dont tell me show me.  Lots of tell and not much show so far but being used to it from the days of Lerner it is not surprising.  A little disappointing I guess if we expected change but not surprising

Richard it will only have any resemblance to what went before if it actually happens. The club have bullshitted us before but there are now different people at the club in those positions the bullshit stemmed from. So far we have not had one ounce of bullshit from them.

It is too early to judge any of them. Xia, Wyness, RDM have all been in place for a matter of weeks. I agree with you though in the show me tell me line. I am not really one for talk just get on with it and show me. There is nothing to be gained from telling us what you are going to do. In fact quite the opposite as people either become impatient or you have given them plenty of ammunition to throw back at you. Just get on with it.

Edited by markavfc40

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Richard it will only have any resemblance to what went before if it actually happens.

Mark my post was on the premise of the one I quoted which said "If Ayew is sold then all bets are off...."

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Richard it will only have any resemblance to what went before if it actually happens. The club have bullshitted us before but there are now different people at the club in those positions the bullshit stemmed from. So far we have not had one ounce of bullshit from them.

It is too early to judge any of them. Xia, Wyness, RDM have all been in place for a matter of weeks. I agree with you though in the show me tell me line. I am not really one for talk just get on with it and show me. There is nothing to be gained from telling us what you are going to do. In fact quite the opposite as people either become impatient or you have given them plenty of ammunition to throw back at you. Just get on with it.

Really ?

The theme park ? - coming to live in the uk, money for players, top 3 in the world, purchase of other football clubs, recon buying a logistics company for £3.5bn 

At the moment I m taking that as BS , but well intended BS to try and lift the gloom. But at the moment it is all talk. 

On the positive Im never taken in by these grand visions for the future - lets try and win the first half a dozen home games and see where that takes us. Win football games and the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ?

The theme park ? - coming to live in the uk, money for players, top 3 in the world, purchase of other football clubs, recon buying a logistics company for £3.5bn 

At the moment I m taking that as BS , but well intended BS to try and lift the gloom. But at the moment it is all talk. 

On the positive Im never taken in by these grand visions for the future - lets try and win the first half a dozen home games and see where that takes us. Win football games and the rest will take care of itself.

You will get little argument from me with what you have said here. I agree many of the claims so far seem extremely far fetched but given they have been here less than 2 months it can hardly be claimed they haven’t delivered on them so it is therefore not yet bullshit.

I think they should let their actions speak for themselves and just get on with things.

49 minutes ago, Richard said:

When have we ever replaced like for like though John? And it is not hard to suspect we will follow the same route now.  We sold Downing and Young and replaced with Nzogbia.  We sold Milner and got Ireland.  We sold Benteke for 32M and got Gestede and Ayew himself for cheaper.  I had hoped things had changed but on current evidence I am not optimistic

Not fair. The last 5 years we have easily replaced like for like.

We have lost shit and then bought shit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Not wishing to boot in - but XIA has said a few things which quite obviously aren't going to happen. So when he Ayew is staying I don't thing its that cut and dried. A lot comes done to if Ayew himself wants to stay.

Wot no theme park?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not fair. The last 5 years we have easily replaced like for like.

We have lost shit and then bought shit.

Agree on the sentiment but I'd just say if only we had been able to retain the following shit I doubt we'd be in the position we are now...

Barry

Milner

Young

Downing

Benteke

Snake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

The thing is - that was under the previous ownership.

Things might be the same under this lot, it might be better, it might be worse.

No point getting our knickers in a twist until we know though. Give them the benefit of the doubt, or at least the chance to meet/fail to meet what you hope for. And what happens with Ayew, who may be our best striker - but is an extremely average top flight one (I suppose that's pretty good for a mid-tableish Championship team) - will be a good indicator as what to expect from this lot.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

Id say if he was keen to keep Ayew he will be doubly so after letting the world know.

Quite frankly if the owner wants to keep him theres not a lot he can do.

Edited by Nigel

12 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He is the owner, so he controls if we sell or not assuming there is no release clause. 

The only people who decide whether a player goes nowadays is the player and his agent. Xia, I love your enthusiasm but you are one naive bastard.

Â