Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 hour ago, KSV said:

seeing the interview and not just reading quotes out of context. I think he will leave once he gets an offer. 

Agree. Think if no one offers better then he will happily stay; but say if a decent premiership team came in for him he will be more than happy to jump ship. Maybe misinterpreting but that's the way it came across to me. Given that he was one of the few highlights of last season I can imagine someone bidding on him. 

All I'd say to that is why no prem interest already?

We've been relegated for months so you'd think teams would be tapping him up at the end of last season. Probably hints there's no release clause in his contract.

I reckon we've put 15m price tag on him and that's scared teams off.

It won't kill him to stick around until January at least.

26 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Agree. Think if no one offers better then he will happily stay; but say if a decent premiership team came in for him he will be more than happy to jump ship. Maybe misinterpreting but that's the way it came across to me. Given that he was one of the few highlights of last season I can imagine someone bidding on him. 

Unless he has a release clause, we should demand a very high fee. If clubs are sniffing around Igahlo for £37.5m then we should be looking at £20m+. 

It would be great to keep him as I think he'll destroy the Championship, but if we get an extra £20m or above, it will definitely soften the blow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've been relegated for months so you'd think teams would be tapping him up at the end of last season. Probably hints there's no release clause in his contract.

Maybe there has been. He said he's on holiday and doesn't want to hear from his agent until he's back.

Actually, he should be back in training already. I wonder when that interview was actually done and if the other quotes in this thread about him wanting to stay were taken at a later date? 

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Unless he has a release clause, we should demand a very high fee. If clubs are sniffing around Igahlo for £37.5m then we should be looking at £20m+. 

It would be great to keep him as I think he'll destroy the Championship, but if we get an extra £20m or above, it will definitely soften the blow.

Absolutely. Is it just me or are the transfer rumours in the premier league this season seem to be for silly money? And it's not just the big clubs, crystal palace bidding £25million for Benteke?! Palace?!

40 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Absolutely. Is it just me or are the transfer rumours in the premier league this season seem to be for silly money? And it's not just the big clubs, crystal palace bidding £25million for Benteke?! Palace?!

Yeah the money is being wasted. Seems like the prices have gone up for average players. Rather than being able to buy quality 

40 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

We got relegated in the absolute worst year to be relegated, you get £100m just for turning up next year in the prem. £25m against going down is sound business.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

It's a fair point but the problem is the 'new' money has kicked in. £25m is the new £15m. Look at Townsend, moving from a relegated club for £13m despite being bought for a million pounds less in January. Gayle really worth £10m? And Mane £36m? Everything has just jumped up due to the extra money and that will have some impact on Championship clubs, especially in sales (bring able to ask for more) but also in purchases, i.e. if x is worth this then our player must be worth the same...

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's perhaps because he didn't do all that well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No different to likes of Wickham at Sunderland or Redmond.

And Redmond has just been bought by Southampton for a reported £10 million.

Ayew had a strike rate of 1 in 4 which normally isn't great but in our team last season he was by far the strongest striker. He was the only one that really seemed to try up front and actually stretched the defence. 

Yeah he may not be perfect, no one was last season. But given the silly money going around I would be a little surprised if no one took a punt on him. 

Still if no one doesn't, I am not complaining; though I would think he would work better in a partnership up front rather than as a sole striker or winger as he was used last season. With RDM promoting strikers from youth team and rumoured to be looked at strikers hopefully this is maybe what we are doing. 

He's probably either been advised not to burn his bridges with us as the offers may not be great or told to bang em in for a season and show some prem clubs what they are missing. 

If he stays will be useful and much better than Gayle, if he goes then we will get the necessary replacement. If we play 2 up top in a similar manner to the Italians then Rudy and Ayew might work well together. Maybe we have been looking at Lambert cos his link up play is better.....

On 01/07/2016 at 22:19, jackbauer24 said:

It's a fair point but the problem is the 'new' money has kicked in. £25m is the new £15m. Look at Townsend, moving from a relegated club for £13m despite being bought for a million pounds less in January. Gayle really worth £10m? And Mane £36m? Everything has just jumped up due to the extra money and that will have some impact on Championship clubs, especially in sales (bring able to ask for more) but also in purchases, i.e. if x is worth this then our player must be worth the same...

This is why I didn't understand everyone getting so excited about £50m being the highest ever summer spend in the Aston Villa founded football league. It's all relative,  this year that might only get you 3-4 players and we need a shed load.  Things have changed and decidedly average players will be going for around £10m and towards £15m for top players in this league. 

20 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Interesting comment Trent.

Whilst in a terrible side admittedly, I (and I think many on here are of the same opinion) thought that JA was one of the positives from last season. One of only 2 or 3 players who came out with any credit. His work rate was fantastic and he chipped in with some great goals as well. Surely with 12 months experience under his belt, he could do a job at that level? The service he had to work on was diabolical-It won't ever be that bad for him again.

Do you not think he's PL standard?

Its hard to perform well when all around you are crap and demoralised. i think Ayew was the one player that stood up above that. A level above any other player at Villa last season and I hope he stays because he will get 20 plus goals for us in the championship

Â