Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

Interesting comment Trent.

Whilst in a terrible side admittedly, I (and I think many on here are of the same opinion) thought that JA was one of the positives from last season. One of only 2 or 3 players who came out with any credit. His work rate was fantastic and he chipped in with some great goals as well. Surely with 12 months experience under his belt, he could do a job at that level? The service he had to work on was diabolical-It won't ever be that bad for him again.

Do you not think he's PL standard?

Yes he could be but personally I'm not convinced he did enough to peak that much interest this summer, certainly not at the sort of financial commitment it would take to move him from Villa.

In all honesty being one of the better players in one of the worst ever PL sides isn't something that carries more weight with me. At times he did well, at times he was invisible and at times he was rather naive.

I'm not being critical of him, those things are to be expected from a young player new to the PL especially one in a terrible side. But at the same time I don't think he will have done enough to have many PL managers looking at him.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2016 at 21:11, obanken said:

“I'm in no rush to leave Aston Villa. I am happy to be there though we were relegated,” Ayew told GHone TV.

“I am happy at Villa and I don’t want to rush. They need me and I want to help them to qualify back to the Premier League.

“I was with the team in the Premiership and I will play with them in the Championship." 

Back to naming all my children Jordan Ayew

If he stays i think he would be very, very useful in the championship. I would also like to see him play centrally rather than from the left, though i imagine thst would come down to the type and quality of any fowards we bring in. A front 3 of: 

Ayew.......New CF.......Adama

Or

Grealish. ....Ayew.......Adama

Would be very good in the championship. 

6 hours ago, GeneralJazzman said:

He's probably either been advised not to burn his bridges with us as the offers may not be great or told to bang em in for a season and show some prem clubs what they are missing. 

If he stays will be useful and much better than Gayle, if he goes then we will get the necessary replacement. If we play 2 up top in a similar manner to the Italians then Rudy and Ayew might work well together. Maybe we have been looking at Lambert cos his link up play is better.....

Thinking back to when Ayew joined, he had been posting stuff via Facebook about Villa for a while. I got the impression that it was in some respect his dream move. 

Modern day footballers are painted as mercenaries. In truth they're no different today really to how they have always been. However, they are also human beings. If it was his dream to be here, he could well want to stay and fight for that dream regardless of the advice. 

I'm sure money is not and never will be an issue for Jordan Ayew and not all footballers are pawns for their agents. 

I hope he stays. 

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes he could be but personally I'm not convinced he did enough to peak that much interest this summer, certainly not at the sort of financial commitment it would take to move him from Villa.

In all honesty being one of the better players in one of the worst ever PL sides isn't something that carries more weight with me. At times he did well, at times he was invisible and at times he was rather naive.

I'm not being critical of him, those things are to be expected from a young player new to the PL especially one in a terrible side. But at the same time I don't think he will have done enough to have many PL managers looking at him.

I think that's probably a fair assessment. At the same time he barely played pre Remi and to be fair to the lad the club was dead and buried by the time he came back from his post West Ham suspension. In between he looked every bit the Premier League footballer. 

If I were a lower mid table Premier League manager I'd take a punt on him, for the right price. As a Villa fan I hope he stays because he has more than enough for this level.

Had some moments but too often, like all of our players, didn't look good enough for this league. 

He'd be worth a gamble for a prem team but I can see why they wouldn't be queuing up to get him. 

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Thinking back to when Ayew joined, he had been posting stuff via Facebook about Villa for a while. I got the impression that it was in some respect his dream move. 

Modern day footballers are painted as mercenaries. In truth they're no different today really to how they have always been. However, they are also human beings. If it was his dream to be here, he could well want to stay and fight for that dream regardless of the advice. 

I'm sure money is not and never will be an issue for Jordan Ayew and not all footballers are pawns for their agents. 

I hope he stays. 

I hope he stays and hope he cares. 

The advice could be, hold out as this team will get better. I had a choice when I was young, join the top team or join the bottom team. I had friends at both but opted for the bottom club. They could only get better and you have a chance to really make a name for yourself as being someone who builds something. 

We got better, grew together and in time we won that league. The other team got worse and dropped off. Ayew might be seeing this as something he can really become part of and grow.

http://www.turkish-football.com/aston-villa-star-jordan-ayew-issues-come-and-get-me-plea-to-galatasaray/?

Aston Villa star issues come-and-get-me plea to Galatasaray

Jordan Ayew’s agent has offered his client to Galatasaray according to the Turkish sports outlet Fotospor.

The report states that the Ghana international wants out of Aston Villa and is actively looking for a new club. Fotospor claim that Ayew does not want to play in the Championship and his agent has held talks with Galatasaray.

However, the 24-year-old who joined Villa last summer has four years remaining on his contract with the Villans. It is unknown whether Ayew included a release clause in his contract in the event that Villa were relegated.

The report goes onto state that while Galatasaray are unwilling to match the €9 million which Villa paid for him, they are considering a loan bid for the Ghana international.

Ayew was Aston Villa’s top scorer last season  with seven goals in 36 games. The 24-year-old recently joined Aston Villa for training ahead of their English Championship campaign next season.

Doesn't sound great if true.

So his agent has issued a come and get me plea to the Turkish club, but they are not sure if there is a buy out clause in his contract? Surely that doesn't add up, if the agent was speaking to the club he would inform them what the buy out fee was set at as he would have been involved in those original negotiations.

Also, I am not sure I would want to be moving to Turkey right now as a career choice. The world is volatile in lots of places at the moment, but Turkey seem to be getting it as bad as any place at the moment.

Think he'll still be here in August and hope he is, as I do like him.  Bags of skill, passionate and an eye for goal.  Could be nothing or an agent stirring it a bit, but that doesn't mean he is not committed to the cause. 

Â