Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

He's still no Alan Wright.

But quite clearly quality, we'll sell him for 15/20mill to Chelsea/City in a few years time.

The other great thing I noticed this summer is that all the contracts are either 4 or 5 years. Not only shows a great confidence in who they're signing but limits the risk of us being shafted if and when one of them clicks.
  • Like 1

The lad is a class act and was an absolute bargain. He will make mistakes from time to time and still has plenty to learn but I think it's safe to say in this instance we have a star in the making and sometimes you just know with certain players. Got most of the plaudits yesterday from the neutrals from what I have read along with Richards and Gueye and deservedly so. Personally I would put him in the Luke Shaw category right now I think he's that good. Give it time and even the cynical will come round!! 

Dani Alves and Ashley Cole. No more odious full backs to compare him with

He's like a faster, talented, more handsome Paul Konchesky.

he is also odious just less talented :P

why cant nobody compare him to the more likeable Philip Lahm :P

Don't think alves is odious

While Abidal was being treated for cancer, Alves offered him his liver. Sounds like a pretty sound bloke to me.

Wouldn't that mean Alves would lose his life? So he offered something that he knew could never be given?

While Abidal was being treated for cancer, Alves offered him his liver. Sounds like a pretty sound bloke to me.
Wouldn't that mean Alves would lose his life? So he offered something that he knew could never be given?

Not an expert on this, but I believe that the liver is the most (or one of the most) regenerative of organs, for children who need liver transplants they often take a piece of their parents (as it's less likely to be rejected) and this then regenerates to full size in both the parent and the child. Not really relevant to Amavi though...

I think he seems like a great player.

Not an expert on this, but I believe that the liver is the most (or one of the most) regenerative of organs, for children who need liver transplants they often take a piece of their parents (as it's less likely to be rejected) and this then regenerates to full size in both the parent and the child. Not really relevant to Amavi though...

I think he seems like a great player.

That's pretty amazing stuff. Alves is a top bloke!

I guess with the way we destroy it with alcohol it needs to be!

Amavi looks the business.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

He reminds me of Dani Alves. Obviously it's very early days and I don't really think he's as good as Alves, but he reminds me of him.

Does he dress like the world's biggest word removed?

The feeling I got today watching Amavi was the same I felt when I first saw Benteke come on for us against Swansea. You just know he's going to be world class.

Did everyone really get that impression? I remember I thought he was extremely 'raw', you could see he had potential, but I would never have thought he would turn out as he did. Very glad he proved me wrong.

Agreed. I think that is revising history to say that "we knew Benteke was going to world class" after 20 minutes against Swansea. Her wasn't anything special that day. It's also debatable whether he is world class now.

I'm being serious. Maybe I didn't say the words world class but remember turning to my bro and saying this guy is going to be a special player. He was 6 foot 3, plucked the ball out of the air with his chest, was skilful and confident to take a man on and showed anticipation to score. That day he looked like the most complete striker I had seen live.

He reminds me of Ashley Cole the footballer (thankfully not Ashley Cole the man) - he looks a real prospect this one.

Was actually going to post this. this kid with the right coaching can be as good as . I honestly think he can be frances left back for the world cup if not sooner for the euros

It's a bit early to be saying he can be as good as Ashley Cole when most of us have only seen him play once.

Cole was the best left back in the world in his prime.

Think people are commenting on his potential not that he is actually as good as cole

Â