Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

We were literally saying the same stuff about Luna a couple years ago. Calm. 

Luna was a lucky dip signing and Amavi showed more today Luna entire Villa career

Well apart from the goal on his debut

when he was miles out of position ;)

Lol, Luna wasn't rated as one of the best left backs in his league the season before.

He will be solid at worst for us.

I literally am just saying that people shouldn't jump to conclusions right away and drew comparisons to Luna's first game for Villa. We played a club that will likely be in a relegation scrap and Amavi did well. Good for him and good for the club. I just don't think we should hype him up so much especially considering the players he was up against today. 

Lol, Luna wasn't rated as one of the best left backs in his league the season before.

I literally am just saying that people shouldn't jump to conclusions right away and drew comparisons to Luna's first game for Villa. We played a club that will likely be in a relegation scrap and Amavi did well. Good for him and good for the club. I just don't think we should hype him up so much especially considering the players he was up against today. 

Its a fair point.

I do think we've bought a different caliber of player this time though.

• Like 2

I thought he was a bit hit and miss overall. Faded as the game went on and started to hit a few passes wayward, but he must have had 4 interceptions within the first 15 minutes! Massive potential clearly, certainly looks more like a premier league footballer than Luna.

I disagree. I can understand your point however we got a good win against a potential banana skin today and lets be honest here, Bournemouth wont be the best team we come up against but they are a cracking side and play some lovely football and on their day will stretch anyone.

I think we have all recognised(at least most of us) that Amavi is different gravy to Luna- Totally different and at least 2 levels above imo. It's a long time since we have had a left back that is pure class in the making. Not the finished article by any stretch but good enough to hype up as he WILL be one of the top LB's in the premiership this year regardless of our position. 

The feeling I got today watching Amavi was the same I felt when I first saw Benteke come on for us against Swansea. You just know he's going to be world class.

I get what you mean there. I'm not quite as 100% convinced on Amavi as I was with Benteke, but it's clear there is a lot of talent there, no doubt about it.

• Like 1

The feeling I got today watching Amavi was the same I felt when I first saw Benteke come on for us against Swansea. You just know he's going to be world class.

Good shout. Grealish is the same for me. You can tell very quickly that they've just got it. Amavi is one of them.

Absolutely. Same comment I made to my old man.

Its a fair point.

I do think we've bought a different caliber of player this time though.

I would say I agree. Amavi was more well known and did well in France He played very well bombing down the pitch and made a few good tackles, but he did get caught a couple of times, and in the 93rd minute I was certain he gave up a penalty with an extremely late tackle that the ref just seemed to miss. I am looking forward to Bacuna and Amavi whipping in crosses to Gestede. Our line-up seems very build for Amavi to succeed. 

Did everyone really get that impression? I remember I thought he was extremely 'raw', you could see he had potential, but I would never have thought he would turn out as he did. Very glad he proved me wrong. 

• Like 1

Â