Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

It's a bit early to be saying he can be as good as Ashley Cole when most of us have only seen him play once.

Cole was the best left back in the world in his prime.

Think people are commenting on his potential not that he is actually as good as cole

I didn't say otherwise.

Saying he is potentially as good as Ashley Cole after one game is premature, even though I agree that he looks good.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

It's a bit early to be saying he can be as good as Ashley Cole when most of us have only seen him play once.

Think people are commenting on his potential not that he is actually as good as cole

I didn't say otherwise.

Saying he is potentially as good as Ashley Cole after one game is premature, even though I agree that he looks good.

Difference between saying a player reminds you of another and saying they can be as good as said player. You're pulling a Woodytom ;)

I can see the comparison, style wise. I have serious doubts he has that kind of talent, but you never know.

Cole was the best defensive full back in the world by quite a distance in his prime.

On the ball he was never fantasic though, he got into great areas, but always lacked technical quality of other full backs. Steve Finnan and Gary Neville for example were much better crossers, despite not being as good as Cole overall.

I like that on the ball, Amavi looks the absolute dogs. Two footed as well!

when Cole started he was a much better attacker than defender, up until about 03/2004 was a lot of people questioning his defensive capabilities and then he worked from then to be best in his position

I didn't say otherwise.

Difference between saying a player reminds you of another and saying they can be as good as said player. You're pulling a Woodytom ;)

I was replying to this post:

He reminds me of Ashley Cole the footballer (thankfully not Ashley Cole the man) - he looks a real prospect this one.

Was actually going to post this. this kid with the right coaching can be as good as . I honestly think he can be frances left back for the world cup if not sooner for the euros

when Cole started he was a much better attacker than defender, up until about 03/2004 was a lot of people questioning his defensive capabilities and then he worked from then to be best in his position

Yeah I thought he was fanastic at Arsenal at overlapping and getting to the byline. Mourinho done a Mourinho though and coached it out of him.

Yeah I thought he was fanastic at Arsenal at overlapping and getting to the byline. Mourinho done a Mourinho though and coached it out of him.

and became the best full back in the World as a result.

• Like 1

I didn't say otherwise.

He reminds me of Ashley Cole the footballer (thankfully not Ashley Cole the man) - he looks a real prospect this one.

Was actually going to post this. this kid with the right coaching can be as good as . I honestly think he can be frances left back for the world cup if not sooner for the euros

Again that is talking about amavis potential

I didn't say otherwise.

Again that is talking about amavis potential

Again, I know. I never said it wasn't talking about his potential.

Â