Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Very good left back's are as rare as rocking horse shit and this lad is going to be a very, very good left back.

I don't know the official fee we paid for him but I'll predict that he leaves within 4 years for at least double what we paid. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him go on to play for one of Europe's biggest.

Very good left back's are as rare as rocking horse shit and this lad is going to be a very, very good left back.

I don't know the official fee we paid for him but I'll predict that he leaves within 4 years for at least double what we paid. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him go on to play for one of Europe's biggest.

Unless he insisted on the dreaded release, then I want at least triple what we paid for him. This is no 'Top 10' leftback!

The feeling I got today watching Amavi was the same I felt when I first saw Benteke come on for us against Swansea. You just know he's going to be world class.

This remember texting a couple of mates one happened to be a Liverpool fan...said he was going to be special and was an absolute BEAST!!

If he plays like that all season we have to give him a new contract with a Spanish style release clause of something like 30m. That way we avoid the whole Delph fiasco.

Edited by magnkarl

The feeling I got today watching Amavi was the same I felt when I first saw Benteke come on for us against Swansea. You just know he's going to be world class.

Did everyone really get that impression? I remember I thought he was extremely 'raw', you could see he had potential, but I would never have thought he would turn out as he did. Very glad he proved me wrong. 

Agreed. I think that is revising history to say that "we knew Benteke was going to world class" after 20 minutes against Swansea. Her wasn't anything special that day. It's also debatable whether he is world class now.

• Like 1

Very impressed with this guy, continues playing with that sort of class and we'll struggle to keep him beyond a year. Hopefully we've learned a lesson and inserted one big release clause in there.

Jeez guys it's 1 match! Let's try and not get too carried away eh? I know first impressions are all we have and fingers crossed he turns out as good as we all hope he will but some people already talking about Barcelona and Real Madrid? After 1 game! He played well but you know what so did Micah Richards and there are still people wanting him replaced at CB!

Was a very good debut but let's give him 10-15 games before we start proclaiming him a £40m player who will be replacing Bale at Real Madrid next season

Jeez guys it's 1 match! Let's try and not get too carried away eh? I know first impressions are all we have and fingers crossed he turns out as good as we all hope he will but some people already talking about Barcelona and Real Madrid? After 1 game! He played well but you know what so did Micah Richards and there are still people wanting him replaced at CB!

Was a very good debut but let's give him 10-15 games before we start proclaiming him a £40m player who will be replacing Bale at Real Madrid next season

Yes, and just to piss on everyone's chips even more, there is no Father Christmas, Easter bunny or tooth fairy.

• Like 1

Did everyone really get that impression? I remember I thought he was extremely 'raw', you could see he had potential, but I would never have thought he would turn out as he did. Very glad he proved me wrong.

Within 10 mins.

He came on and imsmr, he smashed Ashely Williams, brought a ball down out of the sky on the proverbial sixpence, threw a couple of back heels in and nearly scored.

At work on the Monday after I was telling a Wolves fan we had signed a £30m striker. He called me the day after we sold him to Plop to remind me what I'd said.

We were literally saying the same stuff about Luna a couple years ago. Calm.

Lol, Luna wasn't rated as one of the best left backs in his league the season before.

He will be solid at worst for us.

I literally am just saying that people shouldn't jump to conclusions right away and drew comparisons to Luna's first game for Villa. We played a club that will likely be in a relegation scrap and Amavi did well. Good for him and good for the club. I just don't think we should hype him up so much especially considering the players he was up against today.

Its a fair point.

I do think we've bought a different caliber of player this time though.

It's not even the point I take issue with in a way. It's the almost 'stop being happy mumble grumble' type post when people are enjoying themselves that I find hugely disappointing.
  • Like 1

Within 10 mins.

He came on and imsmr, he smashed Ashely Williams, brought a ball down out of the sky on the proverbial sixpence, threw a couple of back heels in and nearly scored.

At work on the Monday after I was telling a Wolves fan we had signed a £30m striker. He called me the day after we sold him to Plop to remind me what I'd said.

Was at Fulham game think was his 4th or 5th game for us. Shit game and we were horrible but he came on last 15-20 minutes and you could tell he was a beast, Every time Benteke went near him, Hangeland threw him onto Hughes to mark and he destroyed him in the year

Â