Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if we may see him play further forward this season ala Bale. Got a decent cross on him and if cissohko stays he covers for his attacking deficiencies. I like him pushed forward with Rico Henry behind, they could interchange with each other. 

You get a like for the Rico Henry comment, but hplease take back the Cissokho comment ;)

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Great to see. After suffering through the mess that was last season with a select bunch of players who couldn't give a rats arse it's great to see players like Jordan & Stan just happy to be back running & training again and not taking things for granted.

1 hour ago, KSV said:

I am glad he is back for pre season as he will need to build his fitness from scratch. 

Not sure about that. He's been doing a certain amount of training over the past few months.

Obviously he won't be up to match fitness, but I'd hardly say he's starting from scratch.

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure about that. He's been doing a certain amount of training over the past few months.

Obviously he won't be up to match fitness, but I'd hardly say he's starting from scratch.

Compared to the rest he will be. Anyway it's good he's back 

If he stays, he'll probably be looking a lot better than all our other players from last season and not just because he's a genuinely better player. **** knows what kind of mental toll that season took on our already mentally weak players so it's good that he missed most of it, in a way.

Edited by Mantis

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems like he has a good personality this lad, although he kinda looks like a thundercat. lol

Can't.... quite.... reach.... sword of omens.....

Oh, unless I stretch for it.

• Like 2

I can't wait to see him in the Championship, he really should excel, I thought he looked amazing in the Premier League last season. Hopefully, he has recovered sufficiently from his injury and suffers no further setbacks

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

If Lowton was one of the best fullbacks in the division last season, Amavi will truly be a cut above the rest. Would be such a coup to keep him here this season.

Agreed unless the injury has taken some pace off him which is a worry.

I think people are forgetting how quick he was up and down the left...Sunderland home game he was lightning setting up the Sinclair tap in.

Most championship defences are very slow and lumbering so yes if we keep him and Adama they will cause chaos I'm sure of it.

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The way he is talking makes me think he is actually happy to stay.

Surely if a player is thinking of leaving you don't get them writing a blog for the website?

Yep and that's what we're clinging to.  But it doesn't stop an enormous offer coming in, and they can change things.  Basically I'm hopeful but nervous.

• Like 1

Â