Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah I thought he was actually from Nice given he came up through their ranks.

It was just like god forbid anything ever happened in Brum then it would affected the Brummies in our squad slightly more than the other players.

I'm sure he's devastated non the less.

Only about 1,5h -2h drive from Toulon to Nice

I was in Paris on the 13th of November last year. Within a km of the attacks. Yes it was frightening, yes it was stressful, but I was still able to function. I still went to work on the Monday. 

I guess it might affect some people more than others, but I'd find it really odd if it were to affect a professional footballer to such extreme lengths. 

• Like 2

Pat Murphy on Twitter says he knows nothing of any interest ...

he said he wants to stay think he feels owes club least a season after being out injured and helped back to fitness.He may go but don't think it be this Window

Every time I've seen him or seen his Twitter he seems very happy here so i hope not

you never know we might actually have a kid who knows what's good for him and knows he's probably not ready for a £20m move to Liverpool, get some football here first and then get a proper move, whilst them lot happily throw Moreno on their scrap heap of players they turned on

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He hasn't played any of the warm up games has he? I don't think anyone is going to take a chance on him if he hasn't at least done that much so far.

A little far fetched, but maybe RDM is holding him back a little to keep clubs away?

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

A little far fetched, but maybe RDM is holding him back a little to keep clubs away?

I'm sure that he would have a medical and what not but usually the fee would be agreed by then but he hasn't played football in 9 months or so. Bit risky to splash the cash as I don't think that we would be selling on the cheap either.

With regards to the holding him back, I don't think RDM would do that. It would be a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.... Surely he would want him fit as possible for pre season?

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Liverpool still sniffing around him.  I just can not see us being able to hold on to this one.

thats ok if they can pay 25m for Georginio Wijnaldum, they can pay 20m for amavi

I can’t see anyone coming in for him yet and certainly not an upper table Premier League club. He will be seen as a very promising player but still very much unproven. He has 10 Prem League games under his belt and another 50 odd for Nice and has not played for over 8 months after a serious knee injury.

The only way I’d possibly see it happening in this window is if he has a ridiculously low, sub 7 mill, release clause.

Edited by markavfc40

5 hours ago, sonic_bouma said:

He's the one player I'd give anything to keep.

He will tear the championship apart down the left.

Liverpool will be too big a club for him to resist. They pay us the money then he's off .

Really - ? - I wouldn't let him go cheapy - but if people start talking £15m - Id be tempted. Use those funds for a striker...

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Really - ? - I wouldn't let him go cheapy - but if people start talking £15m - Id be tempted. Use those funds for a striker...

If Amavi can provide the bullets for good aerial strikers like the ones we already have, then he could be worth the price of promotion.  If Liverpool offered us £15m I'd ask them to find a good lubricant, roll the offer into a conical shape and, well you know the rest.

• Like 1

Â