Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

17 minutes ago, KSV said:

His old manager at nice takes over at Southampton. were going to lose him aren't we

Bertrand is probably better than him, plus have Targett who is young with potential

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Can't see Amavi still being here this season.

He's been on a massive Twitter trolling session if he's not planning to stay.

Having said that, we should be used that that after Delph.

• Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

What has he said on Twitter? All I say was him saying how amazing Villa Park was. Don't think that means anything tbh. 

past tense? oh la la.

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

What has he said on Twitter? All I say was him saying how amazing Villa Park was. Don't think that means anything tbh. 

Been retweeting messages from fans saying they can't wait to have him back and stuff like that.

1. 2 retweets29 likes

Retweet

More
  2. @JordanAmavi can't wait to have you back JA23

5 retweets33 likes

Retweet

More

My nephew rushed straight to his favourite player @JordanAmavi yesterday. Please stay Jordan! #AVFC

CkLKFRMWkAAXhQe.jpg

I don't really understand the value of retweets, but wouldn't that just be him implying that he's happy to hear such things said about him?

I certainly don't get the link between retweeting "can't wait to have you back" and the meaning of "I'm staying!"

• Like 1

The social media indications are that he seems at least happy to stay, doesn't mean he will of course as the club could take the decision to sell him yet or, he may get an opportunity he feels too good to turn down.

You can't put too much faith in social media posts but it appears on the surface to be positive.

• Like 1

As it stands it looks like he's staying, otherwise I don't think he'd be tweeting such things. But if a top flight club comes in for him then things could easily change. Same with Ayew and his comments.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

As it stands it looks like he's staying, otherwise I don't think he'd be tweeting such things. But if a top flight club comes in for him then things could easily change. Same with Ayew and his comments.

50/50

• Like 1

Am I the only one that gets the impression that he doesn't even fully understand a lot of the tweets that he is re-tweeting? It seems like he re-tweets a lot of the fans' messages to him, not just from Villa fans but Nice fans also.

Of course it would be good for him to stay, but personally I think that if he had any ambition he would move on. If he can bag a move to a top tier side where he will be first choice left back then he would be silly to turn it down. Not only will he more than likely get paid more, it will increase his national team prospects.

Considering he has had such a bad injury and iirc been in France doing a lot of his rehabilitation then I doubt he has built up any significant relationships with any of the players/staff (even the French ones) here that would make moving away a hard decision either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I am going to spend the grand total of zero seconds worrying about whether he stays or not. I wouldn't blame him if he did though I would of course like him to. There's **** all I can do about it either way. 

No need to worry per se, but I would prefer him staying.

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's what I said. If he goes then we replace him. 

True I suppose, even more so considering our links with Robbie Brady although I'd rather see him midfield if we do get him.

Amavi has always wanted a close relationship with the fans at his clubs so I can see that's why he retweets. I think his lack of football last year may actually work in our favour. He is still unproven it the PL so doubt many will gamble on him. He also seems quite loyal so hopefully he'll stay here at least until January when if we are in a good position he'll stay. 

Â