Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

On 01/07/2016 at 16:04, Uncle Albert said:

im not jim white, i sometimes wish i was though sitting next to those split arses

With lines like that surely you are swiming in it?

• Like 2

On 2 July 2016 at 11:48, ferguson1 said:

Tenuous link with Southampton in the E&S today.  Hope he stays though as could be a really big player for us next season.

Will probably go, then get sold on to Liverpool the following season for £40m

If any of the players signed last season that supposedly have potential (Amavi, Ayew, Veretout etc) do leave then i hope we insert a buy back clause or a percentage of future fee.

Would prefer they stay and turn good though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

I think keeping Amavi and/or Ayew would tell us a lot more about Dr Xia's intentions than any purchases we're likely to make.

In Amavi's situation it's very easy. Dr Xia just says "give us 6 months to get your fitness back and let me prove the places we're going, if not you can leave in Jan". If we're not in promotion contention and/or Dr X hasn't shown evidence he's serious with his aspirations then Amavi leaves. 

But if we can't keep players who are already here then I doubt we're going to convince players to join us using the same promises. It's why I think we need a marquee signing, despite not normally advocating them, because Dr Xia needs to, rightly or wrongly, prove he's not all talk at some point. 

Completely agree but all down to if the player will agree to that

• Like 1

I wonder if we may see him play further forward this season ala Bale. Got a decent cross on him and if cissohko stays he covers for his attacking deficiencies. I like him pushed forward with Rico Henry behind, they could interchange with each other. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if we may see him play further forward this season ala Bale. Got a decent cross on him and if cissohko stays he covers for his attacking deficiencies. I like him pushed forward with Rico Henry behind, they could interchange with each other. 

Personally I'd prefer him at left back maybe a wing back if that system was to be used. I think Bale is a bit of an abnormality and developed a hell of a lot from his early left back years. I feel that full backs that excel attacking, lose a bit of their impact from playing further forward. We just need to make sure we have the players and system to utilise him and not ship goals.

• Like 1

Â