Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

for far too long this club has been a selling club, we dont need to be anymore, weve been selling our decent players on the cheap for far too long and look now where its got us, the doldrums of the championship

4 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

for far too long this club has been a selling club, we dont need to be anymore, weve been selling our decent players on the cheap for far too long and look now where its got us, the doldrums of the championship

To be fair it's hard not to be a selling club these days especially in our position. I mean Leicester are struggling to keep their best players and they won the league and have Champions League ahead of them. Lowly Aston Villa with nothing but the potential of promotion ahead of us haven't got a leg to stand on keeping players like Amavi if clubs like Liverpool with their £100k a week wages come knocking. The only way to not be a selling club is to stay successful long enough that your current players believe that there is no where better to go, as Leicester are finding out though one season of greatness is not enough to convince their stars that they will manage it again and again and again. 

11 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

Since when are we in the doldrums of the Championship? In my opinion, we have reason to be optimistic. We have a very bright manager now and also have some excellent young players who have come through the academy and are starting to make their mark on the first team

• Like 1

Are Liverpool actually interested in signing him or is it just paper talk? I mean he seemed like he "could" be a top player, but would Liverpool take that gamble on a player whose got a serious injury? 

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

The depressong thing is he could be on any premier clubs wish list which would now be a problem.

Imagine that the likes of Hull and West Brom are now a step up!

an attacking full back. a Tony Pulis nightmare

• Like 2

I think he is one we can keep hold of as long as the board / manager can sell him that the club will go back up

At this point I think enough positivity around the change of ownership to keep him

As others have said, if he stays great but if he wants to go, he'll go. If that happens just buy someone like Rico Henry

Edited by Xela

• 4 weeks later...

What's all this malarkey him hinting at a stay?  Don't do twitter and the like so not good at interpreting what people mean when they post cryptic photos etc but some seem to think he's hinting at staying. 

Â