Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

£30 mill is the minimum fee these days in the prem for ok players. However old Tone was quite bolshy the other day about Ayew, so being the smart gazzillionaire he is I imagine he knows intimately and romantically nourishingly every detail of every contract - so given nothing else has pointed to Amavi being offski I doubt Tone will have to sell if he doesn't want to/ have to.

For me, Amavi is the symbol of how serious/ able Dr Xia is at getting us back up and making us as good as he suggests.

If we can't convince a player who has been out with injury for so long not to give us another six months (by Jan we'll have a good idea if we're going up) then we stand no chance of selling the same vision to players who aren't at the club.

Even more so than Ayew as he would expect to play immediately. If Amavi is happier trying to prove his fitness/ ability on the bench elsewhere for a few months rather than give us a chance to match his ambitions then, for me, it'll speak volumes about our immediate to long term future.

I recognise it's overly sweeping, but we have little else to go on. Amavi stays and I believe the dream is possible, Amavi goes and it was once again all talk.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

For me, Amavi is the symbol of how serious/ able Dr Xia is at getting us back up and making us as good as he suggests.

If we can't convince a player who has been out with injury for so long not to give us another six months (by Jan we'll have a good idea if we're going up) then we stand no chance of selling the same vision to players who aren't at the club.

Even more so than Ayew as he would expect to play immediately. If Amavi is happier trying to prove his fitness/ ability on the bench elsewhere for a few months rather than give us a chance to match his ambitions then, for me, it'll speak volumes about our immediate to long term future.

I recognise it's overly sweeping, but we have little else to go on. Amavi stays and I believe the dream is possible, Amavi goes and it was once again all talk.

I get your point but I'm not sure I fully agree. There isn't much you can do if a player wants to leave and you have to accept the realities of being a Championship team. Do you move to Liverpool now or do you wait and hope that Aston Villa will really become as big as Liverpool. 

Most players don't delay this sort of thing if the chance arises as you're only as good as your last season and despite his injury he proved he can cut it. It doesn't speak volumes of our ambition IMO, it speaks volumes of where we are. It'd be a different story if we were in this position but actually in the PL. 

• Like 2

Due to his serious injury I can't see a club offering us north of 10million for him. If we are strong enough to say no to 7-8 million bids (we best be!!!!) then i presume we will keep him till at least January. 

If he starts the season on fire then I'll definitely be concerned a top 8 club would come in for him. 

Should we let him go for a smaller fee, bare in mind RDM and co are seeing him in training every day. He might not have recovered from the injury / be a shadow of his former self (it does happen - think Michael Owen). In which case getting 10m for him might be seen as an excellent piece of business. 

Edited by pas5898

22 hours ago, Spoony said:

I get your point but I'm not sure I fully agree. There isn't much you can do if a player wants to leave and you have to accept the realities of being a Championship team.

If he is under contract, you're well within your rights not to sell him (assuming there's no clause).

I think Amavi needs to look at what Liverpool have done to Downing and Benteke. Both careers have taken a tumble since they left us and joined them. He wont be first choice there, I think he is better to stay here and then move on to a better team that plop in 6-12 months

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Amavi needs to look at what Liverpool have done to Downing and Benteke. Both careers have taken a tumble since they left us and joined them. He wont be first choice there, I think he is better to stay here and then move on to a better team that plop in 6-12 months

you dont think Amavi is better than Moreno :huh:

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hopefully gets some game time today, could really do with him getting at least an hr under his belt.

I'd be happy seeing him get the final 30 minutes to be honest. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Edited by theboyangel

In some positive Amavi-related news, it would appear that Liverpool have bid £13m for PSV Eindhoven's Jetro Willems who has tweeted [Wijnaldum] holding up a Liverpool scarf and tweeted that they will "see each other again soon!".  Pretty fair to assume they wouldn't be splashing that on a backup leftback.  That's one major vulture sated.

EDIT!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

In some positive Amavi-related news, it would appear that Liverpool have bid £13m for PSV Eindhoven's Jetro Willems who has tweeted himself holding up a Liverpool scarf.  Pretty fair to assume they wouldn't be splashing that on a backup leftback.  That's one major vulture sated.

:cheers:

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

:cheers:

See edit.  Not him holding it up* but the comment is interesting.

* My knowledge of Dutch left backs is not what it once was :P 

Â