Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

As good as i think he is/can be, i think spending circa  £10m on a player returning from the kind of injury he sustained would be absolute madness. 

I think we will keep hold of him until January at least. 

40 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Claiming that he would be a good signing for nearly all the top half teams would indicate your opinion of both.

Wat. You can be the most average of average players and still be considered a good signing when your ceiling is so high. 

A young player in a new league without (apparently ) proper integration into country / club playing under a shite manager who produced his team to have obvious leaks all over the pitch with holes everywhere, made a couple of mistakes in his first X games. Woopty do. He's pretty  much a lock to be France #1 LB in future. The guy is obviously legit going forward 

And you're telling me that saying he will be a good (not great, not amazing, not must sign, a respectable good) signing for a team who will properly integrate...proper coaching with proper midfield/defensive drills is unrealistic and over the top. Ok mate. Sure.

You can be a bench player and still be a good signing you know. ...

Edited by gharperr

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

surely if we can get 11mil for a crocked player who we have no real idea if he will recover completely or even just how good he was before injury, (yes we know he could bomb forward impressively but he also couldn't defend for toffee)

then Bacuna must be worth 60mil

At least!

1 minute ago, obanken said:

Stop selling our most popular players to Liverpool, I really can't stand them. I hope Xia and Di Matteo makes a public statement that we will not be bullied in the transfer market, and maybe also make a marquee signing early to show the players and the fans that we mean business from now on!

F**ck it, lets make Coutinho an offer he can't refuse.  Over to you Tony.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, obanken said:

Stop selling our most popular players to Liverpool, I really can't stand them. I hope Xia and Di Matteo makes a public statement that we will not be bullied in the transfer market, and maybe also make a marquee signing early to show the players and the fans that we mean business from now on!

I agree, if Xia is for real this should be done. Show everyone around us we mean business early on while we're still in the spotlight.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 2

A lot of you acting like its your own money. I say keep him, I'm not bothered about £11M going to the club if we already have £50m to supposedly spend.

Edited by guyavfc
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

A lot of you acting like its your own money. I say keep him, I'm not bothered about £11M going to the club if we already have £50m to supposedly spend.

This. If we don't need the money, don't sell imo. 

• Like 1

Yeah man - £40m or **** right off Liverpool! LOL!

The fact is: if he wants to go, he'll go. There'll be no ridiculous transfer fee; no putting him in the reserves to play with the kids; no keeping him because of what we might spend. He'll be gone because there's a large, ready-made Premier League club like Liverpool waiting for him. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Surely we'll sit down with him and say the usual - stick with us till January, see how we're doing. If promotion isn't looking likely then he can leave with our blessing. 

8 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Yeah man - £40m or **** right off Liverpool! LOL!

The fact is: if he wants to go, he'll go. There'll be no ridiculous transfer fee; no putting him in the reserves to play with the kids; no keeping him because of what we might spend. He'll be gone because there's a large, ready-made Premier League club like Liverpool waiting for him. 

I doubt very much that Liverpool are interested in him. We will find over the summer any of our players with a modicum of talent will be linked away. The media do not think we are entitled to have any decent players.

Would not surprise me if Plop along with Arsenal are interested in Richardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg.

Sure Amavi might be on Klopps list of LB's, but would be very surprised if he's among the top targets

The depressong thing is he could be on any premier clubs wish list which would now be a problem.

Imagine that the likes of Hull and West Brom are now a step up!

Â