Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

On 5/30/2016 at 01:58, Zatman said:

I think his fitness will keep him here for at least 6 months. very good player though and as said before he was best thing we had for Gestede who thrived on his deliveries (think he had 3 assists for him before his injury)

I agree with this. He can come back from injury here and we don't need to sell so long as Xia passes everything. We could have a very solid squad and a big shot at promotion - if we can bounce straight back then we have a chance of keeping him. 

11m isnt much profit, dont see the need to sell tbh but if amavi wants to go at 11m be hard to refuse i would imagine. would like him to stay until janaury at least and see where where we are

33 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'd want the money in full too. Non of this pissing about over 5 years like reported with the Tekkers purchase.

It's very rare for any transfer to be paid in one full payment. That wasn't specific to Bentekes transfer.

• Like 3

We should be trying to hang on to these players, especially if Tony's ambitions are accurate. We will already have lost a year on all the teams in the PL for quality players. We should be aiming to keep the ones we have already, because for the most part we might end up having to pay over the odds for the ones already snapped upped by teams such as Boro, Stoke etc. if/when we are promoted.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

11m isnt much profit, dont see the need to sell tbh but if amavi wants to go at 11m be hard to refuse i would imagine. would like him to stay until janaury at least and see where where we are

Yeah I would not sell for that, we need to remember that PL teams are all going to be loaded with tv money next year which we are missing out on, so we need to play hardball and screw them as much as we can for our better players. Same goes for Ayew.

There aren't many where I'd want us to dig our heels in and try to keep them, but Amavi and Ayew are two where I would. 

Whilst Amavi's potential is huge he's not yet the finished article and in some ways is still a bit 'raw'. He might only be a bit part player at Liverpool for a while at least and I think he'd be better placed giving it another season or at least a part of a season with us while he continues to develop. 

But money talks and with big names sniffing around it could be difficult to hold on to him. Hopefully he'll give Benteke a ring, see how well it's working out for him up there.

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

for a player that has a bad injury and played for shittest team in Premier League, I would snap 11million profit off them. 32 million is most a left back has gone for

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

for a player that has a bad injury and played for shittest team in Premier League, I would snap 11million profit off them. 32 million is most a left back has gone for

You would snap their hands off at 11m? Your making out as if amavis been pants? He ha sthe potential to be Frances left back for years to come. he will be difficult to replace in my opinion

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You would snap their hands off at 11m? Your making out as if amavis been pants? He ha sthe potential to be Frances left back for years to come. he will be difficult to replace in my opinion

you said 11 million profit. he isnt pants but his defensive ability is very questionable still

57 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Good signing for nearly all the top half teams tbf. 

Thought he would stay another year given injury though

A bit over the top. To be realistic, he is, like all our summer foreign imports, not the finished article.

Don't get me wrong, I was very excited by our foreign buys, still am, and think they will all come good.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you said 11 million profit. he isnt pants but his defensive ability is very questionable still

No i said 11m isnt much profit. We paid 9m for him so i dont really think making 2m on him is great business at this stage especially considering he as a 5 year deal with us

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gharperr said:

lucky i never said anything about his current skill vs potential then is it

Claiming that he would be a good signing for nearly all the top half teams would indicate your opinion of both.

• Like 1

surely if we can get 11mil for a crocked player who we have no real idea if he will recover completely or even just how good he was before injury, (yes we know he could bomb forward impressively but he also couldn't defend for toffee)

then Bacuna must be worth 60mil

Edited by VillanousOne

Â