Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Assuming all the players we've signed in the summer have relegation clauses in their contracts, I wouldn't sell any of them for a penny less than we payed for them, in fact, I'd be trying to keep them at the club and replacing other players first. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, sne said:

Terry, Lampard, Gerrard Giggs...I would put as club loyal pretty much

Gerrard repeatedly threatened Liverpool with moves to Chelsea and Real Madrid to lever improved deals. One club man doesn't necessarily mean he was loyal to the core. Same as Rooney in my mind.

The question will be is how much will we get for him.

1) No one (apart from us) is stupid enough to pay 9million for him

2) He will probably (like many others) have a relegation release amount set in his contract. 

I'd be happy to get 6.5 million

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

That's all well and good but Spurs generally only get inflated prices for players who have performed. Villa took a massive £9m gamble on Gana and he's proven he is not up to the task either technically or attitude. So we won't be getting our money back. Based on his performances he's probably worth £4/5m tops. Ayew at least has shown flashes and contributed and arguably he's shown enough glimpses for someone to buy him for the same money we spent to see if he can perform even better with a decent team.

We will lose money on all but Ayew this summer if we try to sell them. Even Lescott. But I couldn't care less if they all go, few of them a good enough even for the Championship. We'd be better off with the likes of Gardner than Gueye, players who know the Championship, have performed well and WANT to be at Villa.

I expect we'll be seeing Gardner, Baker, Bennett and Steer in the first XI next season in place of Guzan, Bacuna, Lescott and Gueye and personally I think we'll be marginally better for it. Similar skill but with less wages and a lot more desire.

I don't think we need to do players any favours by selling them for around half of what they cost in a season just to help them out of the door and to a club they would now prefer to play for. If all a club is only willing to offer £4/5m for Gana who I think is one of the very few players who could do a job for us next year then he can stay where he is for me. I think he has also performed reasonably well and consistently in a very poor team as has been shown by the stats quoted below: 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Statistically he's second only to Kante in terms of tackles and blocks and defensive stuff this season in the Premier league - of course that's helped by us not doing any attacking, but I think those saying we should be looking at £6m each for Ayew and Gueye are working on a financial level that isn't there any more - I think we can legitimately be looking at around £25m for the pair.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

That's all well and good but Spurs generally only get inflated prices for players who have performed. Villa took a massive £9m gamble on Gana and he's proven he is not up to the task either technically or attitude. So we won't be getting our money back. Based on his performances he's probably worth £4/5m tops. Ayew at least has shown flashes and contributed and arguably he's shown enough glimpses for someone to buy him for the same money we spent to see if he can perform even better with a decent team.

We will lose money on all but Ayew this summer if we try to sell them. Even Lescott. But I couldn't care less if they all go, few of them a good enough even for the Championship. We'd be better off with the likes of Gardner than Gueye, players who know the Championship, have performed well and WANT to be at Villa.

I expect we'll be seeing Gardner, Baker, Bennett and Steer in the first XI next season in place of Guzan, Bacuna, Lescott and Gueye and personally I think we'll be marginally better for it. Similar skill but with less wages and a lot more desire.

if we do as you expect, we will be heading to Division 1 this time next year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

if we do as you expect, we will be heading to Division 1 this time next year. 

League 1

Edited by YLN

33 minutes ago, John said:

I don't think we need to do players any favours by selling them for around half of what they cost in a season just to help them out of the door and to a club they would now prefer to play for. If all a club is only willing to offer £4/5m for Gana who I think is one of the very few players who could do a job for us next year then he can stay where he is for me. I think he has also performed reasonably well and consistently in a very poor team as has been shown by the stats quoted below: 

Totally agree.  As we are constantly being told there is £££££££££ flooding the Premier league next season - £9m is chump change now.  Gana is one of the players I would play hardball on - we either make a decent profit or he stays.  Obviously depends on the details of contracts etc, but seemingly most of the new players were signed on 5 year contracts so hold them to that.

Another one not hanging about! 

Idrissa Gana

Aston Villa midfielder Idrissa Gana is likely to return to the Premier League or the Bundesliga this summer, according to his agent.

Central midfielder Gana, who arrived from Lille last summer, has been one of the better performers in a forgettable season, and is likely to be one of many to leave at the end of the current campaign.

His agent, Thierno Seydi, told overseas media: "Now there are offers that are beginning to fall in light of the situation of the club and it is aware that he may be in his interest to let him go.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-digest-paddy-11232984? 

On 4/18/2016 at 16:18, Stevo985 said:

I find it baffling when I hear fans saying we shouldn't keep him.

He's not been great, but I'd argue he's been the best of a bad bunch.

There wouldn't be many players in our squad I'd want to keep. But Gana would certainly be one of them.

What i fear is that, as we have seen in the past, often players are here looking shite, and then go to another team and turn into Top players! Surely them being as shite as they appear is down to the overall club in alot of cases!

Given that it appears that he will have a pay cut because we were relegated I think we can safely assume he will have a relegation release clause which Imo won't be near to what we paid for him.

My guess would be around 5-6mil.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What i fear is that, as we have seen in the past, often players are here looking shite, and then go to another team and turn into Top players! Surely them being as shite as they appear is down to the overall club in alot of cases!

I don't think any of our players are top players (Adama in the future could be)

But I certainly think Gana will be one of those players that look better in a better team.

He's a premier league player for sure.

7 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Given that it appears that he will have a pay cut because we were relegated I think we can safely assume he will have a relegation release clause which Imo won't be near to what we paid for him.

My guess would be around 5-6mil.

Would be very surprised if a release clause in any eventuality would be less than what we paid.

• Like 1

Have to admit I was kinda hoping his injury last yesterday was of the semi severe kind, but enough so that he would not get a move this summer.

Think he would be very useful next season IF we brought in players around him. Much more so than the likes of Westy, Sanchez, Bacuna or Veretout

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't care if some stats make him seem as good as kante. He's **** awful. Terrible performance today. 

He was utterly cack today and not for the first time. I would take whatever we can get for him 

• Like 1

Â