Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

19 hours ago, calcifer said:

What would the point of loaning him be? If he doesn't want to stay sell him! We can use that money to find a replacement!

You need to have a buyer to have that money...

There is no point loaning him. His performances for us last season were not good enough for us to 'need' him if/when we get promoted. We should either sell him or force him to play for us, as per his contract. If he refuses to play for us then we should sue him for breach of contract.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There is no point loaning him. His performances for us last season were not good enough for us to 'need' him if/when we get promoted. We should either sell him or force him to play for us, as per his contract. If he refuses to play for us then we should sue him for breach of contract.

Agreed, I can't even theoretically see the point in loaning him. 

Agreed, I can't even theoretically see the point in loaning him. 

Really?

If no one pays our asking price then put him in the shop window for a year in Germany, France wherever and take his wages off the books.

Unfortunately though, I think the relegation release clauses screw that idea right up.

i fear that some of our players are having their quality or potential quality lumped into an overly negative evaluation based on performances this year.  I think it's possible and I am hopeful that as a group they each looked worse than they actually are because there was ZERO cohesion and a plan that, if it existed was not clearly understood by most on the field.

Personally, I think Gana, Amavi, Veretout, Adama, Ayew, all showed signs that they might be quite handy in the premiership.  They all have weaknesses that need to be addressed, but I thought there was clear potential in all of these.   (A few other players showed some reason for hope they could be useful as well, but I focused on the summer 2015 acquisitions).  

• Like 4

I'd be surprised if someone doesn't pay £7mil for him, even if its only one of the promoted 3.

After Amavi Ayew, Grealish and Adama, Gana is the only other one that I'd be happy to see play for us again, with the possible exception of Gestede.

Not overly bothered either way but I wouldn't want him loaned out. If we can't get our asking price, I'd expect him to stay.

48 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

i fear that some of our players are having their quality or potential quality lumped into an overly negative evaluation based on performances this year.  I think it's possible and I am hopeful that as a group they each looked worse than they actually are because there was ZERO cohesion and a plan that, if it existed was not clearly understood by most on the field.

Personally, I think Gana, Amavi, Veretout, Adama, Ayew, all showed signs that they might be quite handy in the premiership.  They all have weaknesses that need to be addressed, but I thought there was clear potential in all of these.   (A few other players showed some reason for hope they could be useful as well, but I focused on the summer 2015 acquisitions).  

True.

21 hours ago, mwj said:

Really?

If no one pays our asking price then put him in the shop window for a year in Germany, France wherever and take his wages off the books.

Unfortunately though, I think the relegation release clauses screw that idea right up.

His wages have been automatically reduced as a result of relegation, and we could afford to pay him next season. 

He won't need to be in 'the shop window'. As you say, a club will be prepared to pay the relegation release clause this summer. So in reality, for him to go on loan elsewhere, we would need to receive an offer, be forced to accept it, he would need to evaluate it, then say 'no thanks, I'd rather stay at Villa' and then we'd need to say well, no Gana, thanks but no thanks, why don't you play in Greece for a year or something. It just doesn't benefit us in any way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently spurs are set to trigger the 7.1m release clause. I still dont get why the hell we put in a 7m release clause if we paid 10m? Surely you put in the figure you paid. Another masterstroke from that imbecile Tom Fox

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently spurs are set to trigger the 7.1m release clause. I still dont get why the hell we put in a 7m release clause if we paid 10m? Surely you put in the figure you paid. Another masterstroke from that imbecile Tom Fox

If true, this is incredibly amateurish. 

Have we ever got good value for selling on any of our players since Lerner arrived? I feel like we pay high prices and get low sell on fees for everyone. Other than Downing and maybe Benteke we let our boys go for pennies!

If Spurs are willing to pay £7.1m for him that suggests that they have seen something more in him than some of us may have. Knowing how Levy works I can see him coming in with a £3m bid to take him off our hands if he makes one at all. Gana would also be likely to be facing a season sitting on their bench albeit on higher wages than he would get for playing a full season for us.

So it may come down to weighing the value of playing regular games vs more money. I know how that has a habit of ending up and that would be a pity as this is one of the players that I feel could do a job for us this season..   

Â