Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

so we pay 10m for him but put a 7m release fee in there, another masterstroke from tom fox

useless imbecile, should have put at least 10m in there what we paid

But then he wouldn't have signed.

HOW DO PEOPLE STILL NOT GET THIS?!?!?!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But then he wouldn't have signed.

HOW DO PEOPLE STILL NOT GET THIS?!?!?!

It still makes terrible business sense though. 

That's £3m pissed away in less than a year just because.

Would much rather they offered him £3m in bonus payments over the year than let him walk for so much of a loss

3 minutes ago, Duck said:

Would much rather they offered him £3m in bonus payments over the year than let him walk for so much of a loss

I think it's likely due to relegation and probably works out alright - worth £10m in the Prem but £7m in the Championship seems a fair step.

14 minutes ago, Duck said:

Yup it will only be £7m in case of relegation. Had we stayed up the clause could be nearer £15m or something (or no clause at all)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup it will only be £7m in case of relegation. Had we stayed up the clause could be nearer £15m or something (or no clause at all)

Would still rather do away with these release clauses together though. We always seem to come off worse by them and there's no real incentive for us to put them into contracts aside from player requests.

Just sad to see another half decent prospect able to leave for a loss, while we get stuck with the dross year on year

15 minutes ago, Duck said:

Would still rather do away with these release clauses together though. We always seem to come off worse by them and there's no real incentive for us to put them into contracts aside from player requests.

Just sad to see another half decent prospect able to leave for a loss, while we get stuck with the dross year on year

I'd rather have a release clause in there than be stuck with a guy on huge wages that we can't sell, for example.

21 minutes ago, Duck said:

Yeah but if you don't include them then the player wouldn't sign. It will have come from the player and his agent, not the club. 

I'm sure the club put a clause in there for a wage cut if we do get relegated, it's only fair that the player puts a clause in there for himself too in case we do get relegated.

Edited by PieFacE

If I was negotiating signing a player and release clauses were mentioned I would kick him and the agent out the **** door.

Little wonder we have a team of weak willed, mercenary no hopers. Bunch of arseholes the lot of them.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If I was negotiating signing a player and release clauses were mentioned I would kick him and the agent out the **** door.

Little wonder we have a team of weak willed, mercenary no hopers. Bunch of arseholes the lot of them.

Agreed. And hopefully if Tony fulfills his vision, we'll never be in such a weak negotiating position again.

Ultimately though if players who stay are going to have to take wage reductions with relegation, it's logical the agent would negotiate some insurance on the players terms.

As I've said before I'd imagine most of the players who signed last summer would have some sort of get out clause.

I think people are optimistic that we'd get as much for these players as we signed them for last season. Some of them have played significant parts in one of the worst performing top division teams for a long while so that will knock value down.

Clark for 5m, Gana for 7m and Ayew will probably go for about 8m I reckon. So that's 20m on top of how much the Doctor gives the new manager so we could be comfortably talking about a 40m spending budget for the championship.

Something would be seriously wrong at the club if we can't challenge top 2 with that budget. 

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I get it and I too don't want anyone that isn't 100% committed, especially you'd hope when first joining the club.

However, as has been already said, if we are going to introduce to negotiations 'if we get relegated' then I can't blame players who also want to protect their careers, should relegation happen,  assuming of course this is the case.

Although relegation clauses are understandable, an thank god we put them in, I can't help but think that it must bring an air of negativity when trying to sell the club to prospective players and would imagine we brought the what ifs to the table and not  gueye.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

dont think he will go marseille, they have big financial problems at the moment

They wouldn't pay 7m, would take him on loan like they did with the Newcastle player they took back.

Marseille though are a massive draw for French and African players so I could see him at that club.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd see it pointless loaning him he doesn't want to be here. Sell and replace him in my eyes

Have to agree here, seeing several players go out on loan is just annoying. If players don't want to play for us and help us get back, then get rid. 

What would the point of loaning him be? If he doesn't want to stay sell him! We can use that money to find a replacement!

On 5/25/2016 at 13:47, rodders0223 said:

I'm sure even the strongest of teams have several clauses written into players contracts. The only difference would be amounts and circumstances.

Â