Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

We make a profit or he stays, simple as that. 

Not because he has been an incredible player but purely because there is more money in football season on season, so why lose money on a player who has 3 years left and who would excel next season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We make a profit or he stays, simple as that. 

Not because he has been an incredible player but purely because there is more money in football season on season, so why lose money on a player who has 3 years left and who would excel next season.

would he?

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a division where Joey Barton, Dave Jones and Grant Leadbitter run games.

Yes, I imagine he would.

Hmmm, I remain doubtful.

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a division where Joey Barton, Dave Jones and Grant Leadbitter run games.

Yes, I imagine he would.

Joey Barton despite being a prick is a good footballer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/the-kante-gueye-conundrum-how-are-leicester-so-good-and-villa-so-bad_sto5440821/story.shtml

Kante, who cost £5.6 million, seems a shoo-in for the unofficial award for signing of the season. The pricier Gueye can be called a £9 million flop. And yet the Premier League’s tackling totals are instructive. The all-action Kante, with 105, has won the ball more often than anyone else in the division. His closest challenger? That would be Gueye, with 96. The Villa player, with 4.4 interceptions per game, actually averages more than his Leicester counterpart, on 4.2. No one else in the division gets remotely close to them.

Second half of the season, since he settled, he's worked his socks off and grafted through games - in a more confident team I'd imagine he'd be getting more notice. I think we'll struggle to keep him this summer, but I think we might make a profit.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2016 at 22:46, HanoiVillan said:

Gana would be excellent in the Championship, I personally don't doubt that. 

I agree, he has hardly been terrible for us, he has actually done quite well, but needs to know when to play the ball simply, but his defensive skills are very good. 

• Like 1

Stats don't tell the fully story, our transfer committee fell foul to that one. He's been a passenger for most of this season, but no doubt he'd be an asset in the Champ'. However just like our board in the summer clubs will be swayed by the data so unlikely he'd be in a claret 'n' blue shirt next season. (unless he sign's for WHU).

UTV

48 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree, he has hardly been terrible for us, he has actually done quite well, but needs to know when to play the ball simply, but his defensive skills are very good. 

It would help if his team mates were a little more adept at receiving a pass though.

This would involve finding space, the ability to control a pass followed by the ability to retain possession. 

I would probably suggest that Gana's tackling stats are so high because we lose possession so readily, thus making it a self-imposed necessity. Kante plays in a team that's a lot better with the ball, so his tackling probably results in a more positive outcome for Leicester.

Gana's tackling and work ethic would look so much greater in a better team.

Sounds like he may be off

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/idrissa-gueye-will-quit-aston-villa-agent/?

Speaking to a Senegalese press agency, midfielder Idrissa Gueye’s agent announced that his client will not be at Aston Villa next season.

“He will almost certainly be at another Premier League club, if not, then the Bundesliga.”

Thought he was OK for us but nothing special. Get our money back and hopefully use it more effectively this time!

Not really surprised. I'm pretty sure of the players are represented by the same agent here? Amavi too I think?

Personally I could see them all moving on. All the more reason we need to get recruitment right this summer as we will have no core to build on.

• Like 1

Worth keeping but I think he will go anyway. I assume he has a relegation clause reducing his wages so he could probably go back to France or a promoted team takes a punt on him or an established team take him as a squad player

Â