Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

I don't even understand what this means. Who was the last Premier League footballer who wasn't a mercenary? Matt Le Tissier maybe?

Terry, Lampard, Gerrard Giggs...I would put as club loyal pretty much

• Like 2

he's in the top few players in the squad but like so many of them, not as good as he thinks. Although still impressive, I think the interception stats are skewed a little by us constantly being under pressure every game and opposition players being looser and more adventurous with their passing against us than anyone else because they can smell blood. Then what else has he shown? Players like Veretout, Gil and Westwood have been criticised heavily for having no penetration and not contributing anywhere near enough goals and assists. Well Gana has 0 goals and 1 assist in the league. I'm not convinced of his attitude and I've seen him give up on chasing opposition players a few times recently.

As a player, I'd definitely consider him for the first XI next season. But as a man, if he's not interested at all, then I have no qualms in selling him. Just like with the rest of the squad - he's nowhere near good enough to justify us carrying a player who's heart isn't in it.

Edited by a m ole

Terry, Lampard, Gerrard Giggs...I would put as club loyal pretty much

I disagree, loyalty and leg me and all that guff, terry and Gerrard every 3 years have it agents try and engineer moves to the money boys so that their clubs will pay them ridiculous amounts of money, do you really think John terry was ever really joining city? Or did he just want his pay bumps up to £200k a week? Throw in Rooney, was he really joining city or was his just being loyal and getting himself a £300k a week contract

That's loyalty in football right now, it doesn't exist

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I disagree, loyalty and leg me and all that guff, terry and Gerrard every 3 years have it agents try and engineer moves to the money boys so that their clubs will pay them ridiculous amounts of money, do you really think John terry was ever really joining city? Or did he just want his pay bumps up to £200k a week? Throw in Rooney, was he really joining city or was his just being loyal and getting himself a £300k a week contract

That's loyalty in football right now, it doesn't exist

Well if you are looking for players without agents who doesn't want a pay rise every couple of years and who just play for the fun of it and still become stars, then yes I agree.

You won't find anyone like that.

Edited by sne

4 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

His agent has gone public. They will all start popping up now.

"He will almost certainly be at another Premier League club, if not, then the Bundesliga."

Good, he can go and be shite somewhere else

**** agents, I hate them.  I don't see what possible good it does to come out with that right now, it doesn't make him more likely to move by saying it, just pisses off fans who in the main consider him to have been one of the few to give their all this season.

Just now, KHV said:

Good, he can go and be shite somewhere else

Have to agree. He cost £9 million. That isn't a punt. Mahrez was a punt at 500k and one that worked. Although he has been one of our better players which doesn't say much I expect more for £9 million. It makes me angry most have been plotting their escapes for a while. Let's just hope we can try and recoup some cash.

5 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Have to agree. He cost £9 million. That isn't a punt. Mahrez was a punt at 500k and one that worked. Although he has been one of our better players which doesn't say much I expect more for £9 million. It makes me angry most have been plotting their escapes for a while. Let's just hope we can try and recoup some cash.

This will be a best test for the new board IMO. We've seen some other clubs be very successful in recouping transfer fees - Chelsea in particular can make a profit on players that barely figured for them.

Just because the team is shit and will surely be dismantled, doesn't mean there's a fire sale on. This business savvy members of the board will need to earn their coin by negotiating the best deals for Aston Villa.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, a m ole said:

Players like Veretout, Gil and Westwood have been criticised heavily for having no penetration

At least this is one thing Gabby can't be accused of! 

• Like 3

I would prefer if he did stay as I do think he would do a good job in the championship. But he clearly doesn't want to and if his heart is not in it I hope he goes and quickly. Get him off the wages at the earliest opportunity.  We should get a decent amount of money for him,  enough to get a decent championship player in anyway. 

Hopefully the new football orientated board will have a much better idea of what we need for a proper balanced team so the replacements we bring in this summer will be a lot more fit for purpose 

German league is slower and not as rough and tumble, will suit him. 

Delph has the same build and he was never battled off a ball easily, same as Davis and Scholes. Smaller layers can still be strong, Gana isn't strong enough especially for where we are going. 

2 minutes ago, GeneralJazzman said:

German league is slower and not as rough and tumble, will suit him. 

Delph has the same build and he was never battled off a ball easily, same as Davis and Scholes. Smaller layers can still be strong, Gana isn't strong enough especially for where we are going. 

It's not thou is it?

The transition play in the Bundesliga is better an faster than pretty much anything you find over here. It's almost an art form over there. Less physical yes, but also more technical.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

It's not thou is it?

The transition play in the Bundesliga is better an faster than pretty much anything you find over here. It's almost an art form over there. Less physical yes, but also more technical.

I suppose it is a different sort of speed. The British leagues have always been frenetic whereas the continental leagues are more technically quick. If you admire accuracy and measured play, it is an art. 

I feel it's a bit cold at times for me and I feel it lacks flair, not saying there are no flair players but how they are used is different. I feel art should have some indulgences, I don't feel the Bundesliga has that. 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

It's not thou is it?

Tis I, else it the devil thou speaketh
to this sorry weekend. I don't blame
thee, rapscallion, for I loveth also
the honeysuckle of Premier League
football, and would too, if it were not
against my custom, strike a deal
with the hornéd one, would wear
gladly a monstrous teat, if it bring
Villa success again, fine success
and lower ticket prices.