Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't care if some stats make him seem as good as kante. He's **** awful. Terrible performance today. 

Absolutely correct. Yet still better than Sanchez...

He'd be a useful player for us in the championship, certainly not one of those I want rid of. But if he's intent on leaving and we can get decent money for him then let him go. I'd rather he stay but I can't see it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Absolutely correct. Yet still better than Sanchez...

It was a close run thing they were both pretty awful. Gana probably edged it because he normally does something good before he loses it whereas Sanchez just loses it. They are probably 50/50 on unnecessary fouls though 

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

You can tell there's a good player in there, he just needs to be in a team where he has a bit more quality around him. He is not "**** awful" by any stretch of the imagination.

He was today and has been in many games. He's **** awful on the ball and him and Sanchez were    embarrassing. 

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He was today and has been in many games. He's **** awful on the ball and him and Sanchez were    embarrassing. 

He isn't awful on the ball, he runs with it well, but his passing is poor.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants to pay anywhere near £7m for Gueye I'd snap their hand off! We considerably over paid for him so to get anything like that money back would be fantastic.

He's taken an age to settle, his form is sporadic at best, his passing is atrocious, his tackling stats really reflect the number of times he's lost the ball and had to dive in to try to recover it, he's never going to score many goals and rarely creates chances.

If he joins up with another Premier League team he'll be shown up very quickly, weirdly he's kind of been forgiven for being rubbish just because the rest of the team are even worse. He's just slightly better rubbish, but still rubbish! I keep reading he's 'one of the few to come out the season with any credit' which is just untrue - Ayew, Amavi definitely have, a few others one might make an argument for, but Gana? No way.

Sell. Sell. Sell.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm guessing all these supposed clauses are coming from people on Twitter? I'm pretty sure no one (in the general public, obviously agents and the club know) actually knows if they exist?

Agents are nice people, They  would never let out any contractual release clauses :ph34r:

9 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

If anyone wants to pay anywhere near £7m for Gueye I'd snap their hand off! We considerably over paid for him so to get anything like that money back would be fantastic.

He's taken an age to settle, his form is sporadic at best, his passing is atrocious, his tackling stats really reflect the number of times he's lost the ball and had to dive in to try to recover it, he's never going to score many goals and rarely creates chances.

If he joins up with another Premier League team he'll be shown up very quickly, weirdly he's kind of been forgiven for being rubbish just because the rest of the team are even worse. He's just slightly better rubbish, but still rubbish! I keep reading he's 'one of the few to come out the season with any credit' which is just untrue - Ayew, Amavi definitely have, a few others one might make an argument for, but Gana? No way.

Sell. Sell. Sell.

He's been pretty decent this season all things considered.  Passing (and shooting) have been short of expectation, but the work he does in breaking play down is really good.

He'll move on - but I'd like to keep him.

Â