Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, the same kind of coup as when we signed Sanchez 

Gueye is a significantly better player than Sanchez and one of very few who looked comfortable in the Premier League last season (aside from some, granted, shady passing).

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Gueye is a significantly better player than Sanchez and one of very few who looked comfortable in the Premier League last season (aside from some, granted, shady passing).

He looked very average and did nothing to make us a better team when he played. 

Keeping him wouldn't be a coup IMO.

On 6/27/2016 at 12:40, DCJonah said:

He looked very average and did nothing to make us a better team when he played. 

Keeping him wouldn't be a coup IMO.

Coup or not, Gueye is so much better than Sanchez.

Sanchez is shite.

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Right, so the benefit for us in this supposed deal is?......

If he goes to Marseille on loan, does well, and we get promoted, we have a better player at the end of it.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You asked what the benefit was. 

Yes, I think the 'benefit' isn't actually a benefit. If he does well for them they will most likely buy him which means we don't get a better player at the end.

Now if the buy option is more, or at least what we paid for him then we've essentially broken even. Again, not a benefit. 

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Isa said:

Loaning him out only holds value without an option to buy included.

Depends. 

If they're saying we loan him with a £12m option at the end, whilst the best we can get for him on the open market is £8m, it theoretically works out better for us.

Maybe nobody wants to buy him and this is our opportunity to put him in the window.

Maybe it's all a load of bollocks. 

If there was no benefit to the loan with an option to buy no club would explore it. Yet they happen often.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

we paid double the twice for gana so i would like to think so!

You're right, although it doesn't really have any relevance to the point I was making. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You're right, although it doesn't really have any relevance to the point I was making. 

Of course it does you get for what you pay for (well most of the time)

Edited by Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Of course it does you get for what you pay for (well most of the time)

But I wasn't making a point about how much they're worth or how much we paid for them.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Right, so the benefit for us in this supposed deal is?......

His market value at a relegated club can only improve by playing in a CL team for a year. Worst case he doesn't play and his value stays the same (minus wages)

eg. £6m now or up to £12m next year. We're not short of cash now so no rush to get rid of.

Â