Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

He's really not - he's had a great season, though.

Before this season, he was unheard of and uncapped.

Does that matter? What he did previously doesn't have anytthing to do with what he did this year. 

Gana was shit in comparison. I can't believe it's actually up for debate      

• Like 2

I'd like him to stay but if he wants out let him go. He will do well in the championship but he wants out. If there is a release clause that's the opening price.

7 hours ago, Harry said:

I'd like him to stay but if he wants out let him go. He will do well in the championship but he wants out. If there is a release clause that's the opening price.

Opening price? It is the price, you can't start a bidding war. If the clause is £7m, Villa can't reject a bid of £7m because someone has bid £10m. Therefore no one will bid more than the clause.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, useless said:

Based on last season Kante was better than Gueye. But has Kante ever had a season as good as the last one, in his whole career? He's 25, so it might suggest that it wasn' the norm for him, and there's a good chance he'll regress to his normal form over the coming seasons. Gueye probably has more scope to improve.

Gueye is older than Kante

That wasn't the point. Kante played exceptional last season, probably his best season by some distance, but coming as it did at the age of 25, it suggests that it isn't his normal form, so next season he's likely to drop off a bit. All i'm really saying is that Gueye has more room to improve whereas Kante is not likely to carry on the form of last season, albeit he might, and probably will still be better than Gueye. They're both good players I believe, but at this moment in time there isn't much justification for not admitting that Kante is the better of the two.

2 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Opening price? It is the price, you can't start a bidding war. If the clause is £7m, Villa can't reject a bid of £7m because someone has bid £10m. Therefore no one will bid more than the clause.

So what happens if more than one club wants him which was my point.

Can you explain to me, based on you reply, why we would turn down £10m in favour of £7m when both bidders have met the release clause?

if only one club wants him clearly they get him for £7m

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

So what happens if more than one club wants him which was my point.

Can you explain to me, based on you reply, why we would turn down £10m in favour of £7m when both bidders have met the release clause?

any club that wants him just bids 7million and clause activated. any bidding war will only be with his agent over signing on fee and wages

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

So what haspens if more than one club wants him which was my point.

Why would you bid more when his release clause Is 7m?

Will anyone actually meet his release clause? If not, despite what his agent and possibly he might want he will remain our player unless we accept a bid of less than that and I hope we would not consider doing that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Why would you bid more when his release clause Is 7m?

If there is one club that wants him the price is obviously £7m. My point was, and is, if two or more clubs want him both can 'activate' the clause. It's then down to price and who Gana wants to go to. Personally if he goes I think he will go for £7m as he's not that good.

Edited by Harry

2 hours ago, Harry said:

If there is one club that wants him the price is obviously £7m. My point was, and is, if two or more clubs want him both can 'activate' the clause. It's then down to price and who Gana wants to go to. Personally if he goes I think he will go for £7m as he's not that good.

The price has nothing to do with it as long as it meets the clause. One club could bid £20m (they wouldn't) and another could bid £7m, both would meet the clause and Gana could choose between either. We would have no right to reject the £7m bid.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

No.

All a transfer fee does is gives the buying club permission to speak to the player, i.e. the selling club agrees that they are willing to sell the player for that amount.

If there is a release clause, that decision is taken out of the selling club's hands. All that means is if ANYONE bids £7m, they get to speak to the player. If one club bids £7m they can talk to him. If 50 clubs bid £7m they can all talk to him. He then decides where he's going (or if he's staying)

We don't have a choice. We can't take a higher offer because it makes no difference. A club for some reason offering £10m is pointless, because we don't have the ability to turn down the lower offers and take the higher one. We're not allowed.

• Like 3

On 14/06/2016 at 22:15, DCJonah said:

Does that matter? What he did previously doesn't have anytthing to do with what he did this year. 

Gana was shit in comparison. I can't believe it's actually up for debate      

In which case, Jamie Vardy is "several levels" better than Olivier Giroud/Anthony Martial/Alexis Sanchez.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I suggest researching what a release clause is.

there is no bidding war, whoever wants him offers the requisite amount and then it comes down to who offers him/his agent the highest salary or most attractive overall package.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

• 2 weeks later...
Â