Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Aston Villa’s pursuit of Scott Sinclair has stalled.

Boss Paul Lambert wants to sign the Manchester City midfielder before the end of the month but they’re struggling to agree a deal.

The Premier League champions are thought to want around £3million for the wideman but Villa are not willing to match their asking price.

Sinclair must also lower his wage demands if a deal is to be struck.

Lambert said: “There’s nothing going on with that at the moment – from both ends.

“We can’t do what Man City are asking us to do at this minute.

“If it became feasible financially then who knows but there’s a bit of them asking too much at the moment.”

Owner Randy Lerner is expected to continue to back Lambert in this transfer window after sanctioning a deal to bring Carles Gil to the club for £3million.

I would prefer it if we forgot about this one.

Stalling over salary? Got too high an opinion of himself.

Or wants more money. In the same way I'd probably stall in a salary negotiation if I thought I could get more money.

I reckon it's City wanting us to pay more of his salary cut. Fee probably agreed, player salary agreed, but City say they want us to pay the difference in salary to the end of his City contract. Maybe a deadline day thing, or we'll look elsewhere. Either fine by me.

I don't know what to make of Sinclair really.

He must want to be getting game time and making an impression on the league again, but would he be up for the presumably big cut in wages to come and fight the tooth and nail survival stuff in front of 25-30k at our place?

If we are going to take him then my worry would be he already got to the big time, didn't make it, and now his psychology is all wrong.

I think it's currently fair enough to wait and try to get the best possible deal. We certainly do need another option on that position though.

I think I'm one of the few who still believe Gabby and Weimann could be dangerous if they were played up top with The Beast.

• Like 1

I don't know what to make of Sinclair really.

He must want to be getting game time and making an impression on the league again, but would he be up for the presumably big cut in wages to come and fight the tooth and nail survival stuff in front of 25-30k at our place?

If we are going to take him then my worry would be he already got to the big time, didn't make it, and now his psychology is all wrong.

I think it's currently fair enough to wait and try to get the best possible deal. We certainly do need another option on that position though.

I think I'm one of the few who still believe Gabby and Weimann could be dangerous if they were played up top with The Beast.

Surely it's  a no brainer. Either he stays at city to be a non footballer, or move to a premier league club where he will play games. If he is as good as he thinks he is, in 18 months time he could get a fat contract at Villa or go somewhere else.

The history of football is full of stories of exactly that. Players are nearly always only at their best when their career is on the up.

• Like 1

The history of football is full of stories of exactly that. Players are nearly always only at their best when their career is on the up.

The big move hasn't worked out for Sinclair twice though. He chose the two worst clubs in the country for chewing up and spitting out young players.

The big move hasn't worked out for Sinclair twice though. He chose the two worst clubs in the country for chewing up and spitting out young players.

Daniel Sturridge recovered from it quite well. I'd still like Sinclair here but I'm happy that we have been negotiating to get the best possible deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go through towards the end of the window, though we could really do with a winger now.

Â