Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

He'll be part of City's homegrown quota, so I doubt they're too desperate.

Not sure why city are asking so much money though, they have other homegrown players who are just as likely to make the squad as Sinclair is now (ie. None)

• Like 1

I am very wary of this deal, and wouldn't do it if it was down to me, Sinclair has barely played over the last few years, and has been earning a nice wage for doing very little. This makes me wonder whether he still has the sharpness and ability, as you would expect those things to get worse with  the lack of playing time. We have been down the route of buying these squad players from the top teams and hoping to turn them into our stars before with Sidwell, Ireland etc. and it has always failed leaving us picking up large wages which could have been spent better. Also while looking at his record I notice most of his best work was at Championship level, bar one good season at Swansea in the PL. So I question whether that it was a one off season. It is too big a risk for my liking, and would rather look for better value abroad. The only way I would be ok with him coming this window is if it was on loan until the summer, give him a chance to prove himself.

• Like 1

I'd rather have him on loan than a permanent deal.

If a loan deal isn't possible I'd rather look elsewhere.

I still question whether he has the appetite/motivation for a relegation battle.

I said it earlier and still maintain we are just waiting on City to hopefully cave in.

Â