Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

N'Zogbia had done more in his career before he signed than Sinclair has so far, if it wasn't for the fact he was in the last year of his contract he would have cost more than ten million we're meant to have paid for him. As far as I can work out Sinclair has had one goodish season in the Prem and even then Swansea fans agree that he was outshone by Routledge and Dyer. For me 3 million is too much.

£3m for someone with talent, natural width, experience of Premier League football and (possibly) who has picked up new tricks from training with better players.  In this day and age, it's a snip.

The question is on his attitude - I'd happily wait until he's played a few games in a Villa shirt before writing him off.  As I said earlier in this thread, I've got a gut feeling this would be a good move for us (and, thus, Sinclair too).

I'm not writing him off, I'm just saying based on his career so far don't take it as a given that he'll be anymore affective than Weimann or Agbonlahor. The only thing that gives me hope is that when he played well for Swansea they were playing a similar style to the one we seem to be trying to play now so hopefully we'd be good for each other.

Yeah, I didn't mean you were writing him off (or that anyone is, really) more just to highlight that, for £3m, I'd happily give the guy a chance.

r.e: Weimann/Agbonlahor, I think they're both strikers premarily and wide forwards/wingers/whatever as a secondary function (almost forced upon them).  Sinclair is the opposite way round.  He, in theory, knows how to work the flank rather than just having the ability to run.

• Like 1

-----------------Guzan

Okore--------Clark-------------Baker/Senderos

Hutton---------------------------Cissokho

--------Sanchez---------Westwood

Grealish---------------------------Sinclair

--------------Benteke

• Like 1

-----------------Guzan

Okore--------Clark-------------Baker/Senderos

Hutton---------------------------Cissokho

--------Sanchez---------Westwood

Grealish---------------------------Sinclair

--------------Benteke

Looks good, but no way would Lambert drop Cleverley - no matter how bad he plays he starts the next game.

We should loan him with an option to buy in the summer. If he plays crap, send him back, if he plays well, we get the decreased fee that they will accept now (and probably lower than their current fee, as he'll have 6 months less on his contract).

Â