Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

We obviously can afford £2.5m. Reading between the lines of Percy's article, it sounds like wages are the stumbling block. We all know that Sinclair went to City for the money, so he is probably not interested on giving that up before his contract there is up. Man City will probably have to pay him off in the end.

Edited by Isa

I officially give up! what must fans of other teams think of us? It's gone beyond embarrassing. The whole club is a mess, There is teams in league 1 and the championship paying 2.5m for players. Sadly under Lerner and Lambert we are no longer run like a premier club behind the scenes. Not really bothered that we are not getting Sinclair but its the fact that in this window you see all teams around us strengthening and improving then there is us. Shows how far we've fallen when teams like Stoke and Swansea are bidding for players such as Shaqiri and then there is us struggling to pay 2m for Sinclair. Its beyond a joke. The club is slowly dieing and we will soon be relegated if this continues. rant over.

So is there anything in this?

Yes, it's being reported by too many outlets for it not to be. Whether it will go through is another matter.

I was up in Manchester in Monday and the MEN said we're interested in Sinclair but Man. City are more interested in a permanent deal.

They'd sell him for 3m as they need to raise 15m by selling him and Nastasic to fund the Bony move and comply with FFP (see it does actually have rules).

I'd very unsure I even want him here on loan so no chance of a permanent deal.

Edited by VillaChris

Thought we had a little bit now, 50k and 2.5 million we really shouldn't be worrying about this. We really don't belong in the premiership do we.

Hang on we've just had umpteen trouble over the last 4 years with unable to shift numerous squad players on 50k a week so you're happy to give a stagnating premier league player that deal.

Imagine if we sign him and Cleverley full time for next season, they'll likely be on 100k a week between them. Football is gone.

Or we could do a Given and give him a lower wage but a longer contract....so if we sack Lambert and the next manager dosen't like him we're again lumbered with an expensive squad player.

Just find some cheap and decent from abroad like Okore and Sanchez.

No way on earth we should be considering him on 50k a week.He has done sweet F.A for over 2 years and can't risk another poor performer on that kind of money being stuck with us.

Suprised we are looking at him TBH given the fact he hasn't played for a while and was bound to  be on big wages being as he is at City

In last 3 seasons he has played 50 games and I would bet he has played a bit part in them off the bench and scored 9 goals

Gabby has payed 69 games and has 16 goals and has prob started every one and never been subbed

This is a player who both chelsea & City seen something in

• Like 1

Even if he comes, I couldn't give less of a shit.  It's just a boring signing like Agathe & Bertrand was in my opinion, you know he'll have a half decent debut, but slowly but surely they'll just get worse and worse and worse until they're dead - or something.

I dunno, even writing this post has me feeling bored. :(

• Like 3

I would guess the stumbling block is wages rather than the fee. The fee is a once off but you are stuck with the wages for the duration of the contract (at least 4 years) which amounts to £10.4m if he's on £50K a week. Get him in on £30k a week and that figure is down to £6.25m.

• Like 1

Even if he comes, I couldn't give less of a shit.  It's just a boring signing like Agathe & Bertrand was in my opinion, you know he'll have a half decent debut, but slowly but surely they'll just get worse and worse and worse until they're dead - or something.

I dunno, even writing this post has me feeling bored. :(

True of all of us I suppose...

• Like 1

50k is way too much for him

backing villa on this

I agree, we should not go back to paying those kind of wages for these kind of players.

I think the club has finally learnt its lesson.

If we're not prepared to pay this amount then I hope our scouting has managed to find other options

When we were paying £50k a week 5 years ago, £50k a week was a lot of money.

5 years on, it's close to average premier league wage for a decent player.

I do however think that Sinclair is at this current moment less than average until proven otherwise. I'm happy that we are seemingly not prepared to give him that.

• Like 1

Â