Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

I don't know what to make of Sinclair really.

He must want to be getting game time and making an impression on the league again, but would he be up for the presumably big cut in wages to come and fight the tooth and nail survival stuff in front of 25-30k at our place?

If we are going to take him then my worry would be he already got to the big time, didn't make it, and now his psychology is all wrong.

I think it's currently fair enough to wait and try to get the best possible deal. We certainly do need another option on that position though.

I think I'm one of the few who still believe Gabby and Weimann could be dangerous if they were played up top with The Beast.

Your a dying breed then

He is a multi millionaire with model for a wife and thinks more of topping his tan up and keeping his abs in shape for his mrs than playing football i wouldn't touch him its funny no one else is bothered with him even sunderland and hull!!!!!

“If it became feasible financially then who knows but there’s a bit of them asking too much at the moment.” So are we just sticking to our guns fee wise or have we offered all of the money we are able having been told we can go no higher?

I think this may go to the last day and to the last hour but it is likely to be Citeh and Sinclair lowering their expectations that makes it happen rather than some of the Cleverley money (if it is still there) being used to force a deal through.

If Citeh and the player will not budge I think we need to move onto a player we may be able to afford, whose wages will be acceptable to the club and who does not have the baggage this one has.  

• Like 1

He's better than what we have so for me he's an improvement. But then you look at who we've signed under lambert and our scouting has improved so part of me thinks there must be a better option.

Aston Villa and Scouts???  When did this happen?  The last time there were scouts associated with Villa Bennet and Bowery showed up!!!

He is a multi millionaire with model for a wife and thinks more of topping his tan up and keeping his abs in shape for his mrs than playing football i wouldn't touch him its funny no one else is bothered with him even sunderland and hull!!!!!

I love how people sometimes speak about footballers as if they proper know them personally, it almost sounds more like jealousy than anything else! :crylaugh:

was gonna say the same!

How does ernie know all this?

I think this is clearly Lambert placing the ball firmly in City and Sinclair's court, wouldn't be surprised this getting done near the latter end of the window.

Agreed. It's the same situation as Cleverly really. Will be deadline day or therabouts. 

I love how people sometimes speak about footballers as if they proper know them personally, it almost sounds more like jealousy than anything else! :crylaugh:

was gonna say the same!

How does ernie know all this?

I'm an ITK didn't you know? lol

I'm not against getting him but it's hard to tell how good he actually is. He was a promising youngster and after a load of loan spells had a few good seasons with Swansea, one of which in the premier league. Players have had seasons as good as he did and never come close to matching it again, and that is playing regularly for the rest of their career.

We need someone who can come in and make a difference, instantly lift the team, not who is going to take 6 months to get up to speed.

Why would it takes him 6 months to get up to speed? He has played Premier League football before.

I'm not a huge fan based on his complete no show at West Brom. But then perhaps there are mitigating circumstances that we are not aware of. He will provide width and, more importantly in my opinion, he won't take 6 months to get up to speed. The manager wants him and if the price is right I hope we get it done.

City are doing the right thing and just sitting on the offer most likely till the final day of the window to see what other offers come in, rather than panicking and let him go at first light for a cut down price or still paying a vast % of his wages. 

Put it this way he won't be at City come 4th February, Whether or not its with us is another thing.

IMO opinion its what we should have done with Bent. Rather than letting him go on day one and pay still pay 75/80% of his wages.

Edited by Kingman

City are doing the right thing and just sitting on the offer most likely till the final day of the window to see what other offers come in, rather than panicking and let him go at first light for a cut down price or still paying a vast % of his wages.

Put it this way he won't be at City come 4th February, Whether or not its with us is another thing.

IMO opinion its what we should have done with Bent. Rather than letting him go on day one and pay still pay 75/80% of his wages.

If weve offered £2.5 mil and they want £3 mil then they'll probably pay him £500k in wages by holding onto him for another few weeks. So it doesn't make sense.

If weve offered £2.5 mil and they want £3 mil then they'll probably pay him £500k in wages by holding onto him for another few weeks. So it doesn't make sense.

All i can say in my defence is that i do not have abs, or a tan, or a model for a mrs!!  I look like a silverback gorrila, with funny beard, who goes red in the sun and my mrs is irish and is not afraid to let me know it!!!! :D

Perhaps not the best sell were you ever to try dating sites  :)

(not that I would expect that of course with a Mrs Ermie around!)

• Like 1

He's better than what we have so for me he's an improvement. But then you look at who we've signed under lambert and our scouting has improved so part of me thinks there must be a better option.

Aston Villa and Scouts???  When did this happen?  The last time there were scouts associated with Villa Bennet and Bowery showed up!!!

I expect Villa Scouts have woggles and work towards badges.

Â