Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Not sure how much of this is Man City making his availability for a loan move known to all or how much of it is us really wanting him but we have been linked with Scott Sinclair overnight: 
Daily Mail 

Scott Sinclair could be on his way to Aston Villa as Paul Lambert eyes loan move for forgotten Manchester City winger

Aston Villa, QPR and Crystal Palace all interested in Man City winger
Out-of-favour Sinclair would prefer a loan move to Aston Villa

Aston Villa have made a move to sign Manchester City misfit Scott Sinclair on loan.

The 25-year-old has interest from QPR, Crystal Palace and Norwich but is leaning towards a move to Villa Park.
Sinclair has made four appearances this season, each as a late substitute, and is eager to get his career back on track.
He had an ill-fated loan spell with West Bromwich Albion last season but hopes to have better fortune with Paul Lambert.

A few blogs have picked it up too, that Italian Sky Sports guy Gianluca Di Marizo also has it and he seems reasonably well respected.  Admittedly I'd never heard of him until the Podolski to Inter rumour blew up and he seemed to be the guy who gave that credibility.  Anyway, it's an interesting move if it happens, Sinclair had an injury hit loan spell at West Brom last year but if he is fit and in form then he might be exactly what we need. I'd rather have a wide man in the side playing ahead of blokes that just don't have it (Weimann) or have it but don't appear to be interested (N'Zogbia) so fingers crossed on this one. 

I think a permanent signing would be risky, especially given how much he would cost being English and from Man City.

Loan is pretty low risk though.

Would be a decent signing. Would definitely offer more than Weimann or Gabby you would think, at least in a purely attacking sense.

I think he's got the potential to be useful, we need more pace and we could do with a wide man who wants to be a wide man on the right hand side. His record at Albion is a case for concern and he's as rusty as the cemetery gates, but a loan might be good for him, good for us and good for City.

Not sure how people are so quick to think that he might offer more than Weimann and Agbonlahor just because they've been pretty poor doesn't mean any old player will be more affective. Sinclair has had one decent season at Swansea. I'd file him next to Carlton Cole and Josh Mceachran as over hyped Chelsea youth products.

Not sure how people are so quick to think that he might offer more than Weimann and Agbonlahor just because they've been pretty poor doesn't mean any old player will be more affective. Sinclair has had one decent season at Swansea. I'd file him next to Carlton Cole and Josh Mceachran as over hyped Chelsea youth products.

I think i've seen enough of Gabby and Andi in this system to be sure that let's say Sinclair and Graelish would be a pairing with more potential.

Then again i really don't rate Gabby and Andi at all and would try pretty much anything other than them atm

Well i rather we looked abroad than go for players who's big move didn't pan out and are sitting on big wages not having played regularily for ages (not that i'd say no to signing say Shaqiri).

BUT Gabby & Andi needs to be replaced asap so a loan for Sinclair is better than nothing

we need more than 1 player to start scoring goals again. If this is the cheaper option and we bring in 1 creative midfielder permanently then that will be fine.

If this is our usual 1 loan of January as it has been these days.. we are in trouble.

• Like 1

lets worry about this season.. if we can keep up and he helps then great.. plenty of fish in the sea to find in the summer. especially if we eventually get bought out.

• Like 4

lets worry about this season.. if we can keep up and he helps then great.. plenty of fish in the sea to find in the summer. especially if we eventually get bought out.

Valid point mate and very true. As you say, I hope that this isn't our only deal, we really need a lot more in the final third of the pitch - preferably another player on top of Sinclair at the very least, if not two.

As for him leaving to go to City for money, it happens, he may regret it he may not but if he wants an opportunity to get his career back on track then we're probably a good place to go to.

Edited by samjp26

Not for me thank you, one of my workmates who is a baggies fan said he was awful and did'nt look interested. As someone mentioned, he is better known for going shopping with his missus Helen Flanagan these days than for his football

Â