Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

He was very good at Swansea like a few other young English players he was signed by City because he was English and never given much of a chance so hopefully he can find some form here. Apparently he was injured a bit at WBA last year and was probably still thinking he had a chance at City. One thing with Lambert is he doesnt over pay on wages or fees so what ever he gets Lambert must think he's worth it so I don't care what he's on.

Well at least he kind of knows how to play in a possession based system, having played for Swansea. That could be a plus point.

That's assuming Lambert doesn't have yet another change of heart and do another 180 on our philosophy.

If Lambert can get him playing well and working hard, then this could be a great move. He was good at Swansea and bagged a decent amount of goals. He was more of a 'forward' than a winger, but could still cross and create.

If his fitness is there, then I'd like the idea of a Sinclair / Benteke / Gil forward three (plus Weimann, for a forward four!)

Seeing as most people agree that he has talent, the only thing that matters is his motivation - and the fact that he's interested in a move to us suggests that he is motivated. This is different to Stephen Ireland I think, afaik SI wasn't the most willing of signings.

I'm not convinced he has that much talent tbh. Some sure, but probably less than N'Zogbia. And I worry about his motivation. That's why I'd prefer a loan. 

If Lambert can get him playing well and working hard, then this could be a great move. He was good at Swansea and bagged a decent amount of goals. He was more of a 'forward' than a winger, but could still cross and create.

If his fitness is there, then I'd like the idea of a Sinclair / Benteke / Gil forward three (plus Weimann, for a forward four!)

I'd just say that most of his goals for Swansea were penalties as well.

• Like 2

Loan deal is restrictive of any future deals this window

Lets at least see how he performs before writing him off?

What I'm reading from your posts is that this is a done deal and we may be in for another player on loan. Trent?!

I'd just say that most of his goals for Swansea were penalties as well.

The last season he was playing regularly at Swansea it looks like he scored 8 goals in the league - half of which were penalties.

The season before that (although in the Championship) he scored 19 times in 39 starts.

Whether he is still capable of putting in the performances he did at Swansea we'll have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

sickening if we sign him, horrrible player with zero ambition. rather just keep nzogbia he would offer us more

"Overreaction Award of The Day" goes to this guy right here.

is it really? anybody with any knowledge of the game knew he wasnt going to ever get a game at City and he was going to sit on the bench and claim the money. He made his pro debut in 2004/05 and has played just over 150 league games that tells you about the guys motivation in the game

sickening if we sign him, horrrible player with zero ambition. rather just keep nzogbia he would offer us more

is it really? anybody with any knowledge of the game knew he wasnt going to ever get a game at City and he was going to sit on the bench and claim the money. He made his pro debut in 2004/05 and has played just over 150 league games that tells you about the guys motivation in the game

Labelling him a "horrible person" for making a bad career choice, stating us as signing said player as "sickening", i would definitely say thise words are an overreaction.

On topic, any signing that adds much needed pace and creativity to our side is A-ok by me!

Labelling him a "horrible person" for making a bad career choice, stating us as signing said player as "sickening", i would definitely say thise words are an overreaction.

On topic, any signing that adds much needed pace and creativity to our side is A-ok by me!

I said horrible player ;)

Why is it 'writing a player off' to have an opinion of them before they're signed? I have opinions about players. Sometimes, those are right. Other times, they're wrong. I was wrong about Senderos, and am happy to admit as much. I think Sinclair would be a rubbish signing on way too much money, and that we could find a better player from Europe on cheaper wages who will have actually played some football in the last two years. But I'll admit if I'm wrong later. 

it all comes down to his attitude.the lad has ability it's just with the money,celeb bird in tow,does he still have the desire and motivation.is football the no 1 thing in his life.if it is then he'll be a good signing.

Maybe a loan deal for Mirallas could happen. CNZ the other way too and we could have a front 3 of Benteke, Mirallas and Sinclair with Gil in midfield. Could also cheer up Benteke having another Belgian in the team.

Just a thought.

Like the idea, maybe we would go for pogba and Rooney while we're at it

• Like 2

Â