Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Anyone know how he got on at WBA?

I think the two positions either side of Benteke are our biggest problems. Those two positions are where the vast majority of chances are created, and with Gabby and Weimann having as much creative nous as a grey wall, this in my opinion is why we struggle so hard to break teams down. Players that will run at defenders with pace and the ball at their feet cause problems, we do not have this. (Disclaimer: We have N'zogbia, but he runs at defenders with his eyes closed and the ball 20 meters away).

More chances we create > more Benteke will score > More Benteke will score either his fee will go higher for other clubs to buy him or he'll be more inclined to stay > Win / Win.

• Like 1

I think Lambert will know if his heart is in it. If he senses any sort of doubt then I think he won't touch him with a bargepole.

Like he did with Cleverley??

Question everything about Cleverley but his heart and effort are clear. He's just not very good at the actual football stuff.

I think if we commit to a permanent deal , the lad wll come good , trust me , you don't come through the ranks at somewhere like Man U , without a touch of talent .

Former footballers worry the hell out of me and £3m sounds like a lot of money bearing in mind this is an all mighty punt. I'd be wanting a loan to suck it and see.

£3m sounds to me like a really easy way to get a new N'Zogbia on our books with a new three/four year contract.

Can't think of many players who have been out the game (without injury) for as long as he has and come back to be a success.

Anyone? Hutton maybe?

While £3mil initially sounds like a snip, I still question his drive and ambition to actually play... He moved to City so early in his career for a big pay cheque, when he clearly was not the level of player they wanted/needed. Simply put, is he just more bothered about his celebrity girlfriend and life? (Admittedly I would be pretty distracted if I was with Helen Flanagan).

Very much agree, this could be CNZ all over again...

While £3mil initially sounds like a snip, I still question his drive and ambition to actually play... He moved to City so early in his career for a big pay cheque, when he clearly was not the level of player they wanted/needed. Simply put, is he just more bothered about his celebrity girlfriend and life? (Admittedly I would be pretty distracted if I was with Helen Flanagan).

But N'Zogbia cost nearly 3 times that and signed a 5 year deal.

So yes, you're right. The risk that he'll flop is there. But it's quite obviously a lower risk as the money and, hopefully, length of the deal will be less.

There are other benefits to joining City, like potential Champions League football, potential trophies, playing with some of Europe's top players, as well as money. If he wasn't the level of player they wanted or needed, why did they sign him in the first place on this astronomical wage he's supposed to be on but probably isn't? Just because it didn't work doesn't mean we should write him off. He went out on loan last season when it was clear he wouldn't be playing for City but got injured and didn't do himself justice. I think they only kept him this year for the English quota they needed.

If we can sign him for £3m it would be a risk worth taking. If he starts off well he will double in value by May and he adds an option out wide we've been crying out for a few seasons. Pace, a trick on him, a natural wide player unlike Weimann and Gabby. It's a no-brainer for me. Let's wait until he pulls on a Villa shirt before writing him off.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

Although I'm pretty meh about this,  after reading some of the arguments put forward here I'm warming to the idea.  In terms of his time at Oilbyun I would not put much store behind the opinion of Pepe Mel.  Let's not forget he was three managers ago for them

N'Zogbia had done more in his career before he signed than Sinclair has so far, if it wasn't for the fact he was in the last year of his contract he would have cost more than ten million we're meant to have paid for him. As far as I can work out Sinclair has had one goodish season in the Prem and even then Swansea fans agree that he was outshone by Routledge and Dyer. For me 3 million is too much.

Edited by useless

N'Zogbia had done more in his career before he signed than Sinclair has so far, if it wasn't for the fact he was in the last year of his contract he would have cost more than ten million we're meant to have paid for him. As far as I can work out Sinclair has had one goodish season in the Prem and even then Swansea fans agree that he was outshone by Routledge and Dyer. For me 3 million is too much.

£3m for someone with talent, natural width, experience of Premier League football and (possibly) who has picked up new tricks from training with better players.  In this day and age, it's a snip.

The question is on his attitude - I'd happily wait until he's played a few games in a Villa shirt before writing him off.  As I said earlier in this thread, I've got a gut feeling this would be a good move for us (and, thus, Sinclair too).

Another Mirror article saying its edging closer to a permanent deal.. 2.5 million the fee. If we bring in an AM and swap Delph with Dembele. May be a good window.

Losing Vlaar and Delph and bringing in Sinclair, Januzaj (loan) and Dembele would certainly improve the squad. We have enough CB's to cover for the loss of Vlaar and a midfield with Sanchez and Dembele in it would be good.

Januzaj and Sinclair either side of Benteke isn't that bad either. Shit, I'd be happy with this, which means it probably won't happen.

Another Mirror article saying its edging closer to a permanent deal.. 2.5 million the fee. If we bring in an AM and swap Delph with Dembele. May be a good window.

Losing Vlaar and Delph and bringing in Sinclair, Januzaj (loan) and Dembele would certainly improve the squad. We have enough CB's to cover for the loss of Vlaar and a midfield with Sanchez and Dembele in it would be good.

Januzaj and Sinclair either side of Benteke isn't that bad either. Shit, I'd be happy with this, which means it probably won't happen.

If we got just one of those players it would be a good window. Though I am proper meh about Sinclair. He didn't show a thing at West Brom aside from an attitude problem. Has potential though, worth a punt given our severe lack of width.

£3m for someone with talent, natural width, experience of Premier League football and (possibly) who has picked up new tricks from training with better players.  In this day and age, it's a snip.

The question is on his attitude - I'd happily wait until he's played a few games in a Villa shirt before writing him off.  As I said earlier in this thread, I've got a gut feeling this would be a good move for us (and, thus, Sinclair too).

I'm not writing him off, I'm just saying based on his career so far don't take it as a given that he'll be anymore affective than Weimann or Agbonlahor. The only thing that gives me hope is that when he played well for Swansea they were playing a similar style to the one we seem to be trying to play now so hopefully we'd be good for each other.

• Like 1

Â