André Green

sir_gary_cahill

On 21/08/2017 at 04:19, Ponky said:

I seem to recall he had a very similar attempt last season that rebounded off  the bar, so good on him for having the confidence to have another crack at it. 

He tried to curl top corner but got blocked before it came back to him and floated in great ball for Davis header straight at keeper

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Fair enough, it was more of a jestful attack on general abundance of fickleness. I think the lad deserves all the praise he's getting right now. I also belong to the category that think he's been consistantly good in the games I've seen him in or at least far from being poor. More importantly even when he's not in beast mode he isn't afraid to challenge opponents which adds positive energy to our attack which I believe is very important for the team overall. I really like the guy, what can I say.. :)

Fair enough. I just like to play Devil's Advocate :D

I've seen some positivity from him, but I do occasionally get frustrated that he doesn't take on players more often, as he definitely has it in his locker. Hopefully with a boost of confidence, we'll see the best from him.

• Like 1

Clubs have been looking at Green for some time now, nothing new there.

He would be foolish to move at this stage in his career and I don't think he will.

Young lads like him are though another reason why we need to try and get up asap because heads will turn in time.

I think Green is a real prospect and have always liked the look of him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Tie him down for the next 50 years, this means we can get a good price when we sell him.

No less than £2.75b in today's market. 

Yes! Then we can finally afford Raheem Sterling's left leg!

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Would be a big indication of what sort of shape we're in financially if bids do come in. What if selling Green got us back on an even keel regarding FFP?

No - still keep hold.  His value is very likely to go up, especially if he gets game time and gets a new contract tied down.  He could be worth a fortune in the next year or two.

And more importantly, we'd be left with Taylor on the left and about 85 players on the right.

• Like 1

Â