André Green

sir_gary_cahill

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Would love to see him re-integrated in the team. He can push Adomah to the next level, or take on that mantle himself. A win-win for us.

I said this in another thread but so it doesn't get lost - by the end of the season he will have taken Adomah's shirt. 

Hope so,  but fortunately for us at the moment, there's no rush. He's had a nasty injury and he's young and on the cusp of being a big breakthrough. Steady as it goes, and sub appearances for the next few weeks to ease him back in.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's just fundamentally a better player than Adomah, at everything. I realise that's not the popular consensus but I'm sure I'm right. 

you're right.........its not the popular consensus.

at the moment Adomah shades it for me.....I think he( Green) will be a better player in time.

He is still learning and needs to improve on his decision making and final ball as "striker" mooted.

I see what you see in him.....I like him too.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's just fundamentally a better player than Adomah, at everything. I realise that's not the popular consensus but I'm sure I'm right. 

I completely agree with you. I like Adomah and he's scored some really important goals for us this season. But I've never thought he's been a good player. He's not particularly quick, he's lightweight and I've lost count the amount of times he completely slows down an attack for us. I think I made a comparison between him and Scott Sinclair a while ago, and I think it still stands - they both score goals while not really playing that well.

As for Green, he's a proper winger who is capable of beating a defender with both pace and skill. He's also very good at cutting inside and shooting from distance, something that Adomah isn't capable of.

I wouldn't replace Adomah with Green just yet, but I do certainly agree that he'll force him out of the team at some point this season.

Edited by KJT123
  • Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

Green could be pivotal for us in this run. He gives us an option to be more direct and adds more pace to the team. Adomah is obviously better for now but Green has a much higher ceiling. 

Definitely, imagine being a tired right-back and seeing either one coming off the bench...it'd be enough to make you cry.

I wasn't saying I don't rate Adomah by the way, he's a valuable asset, but agree with @omariqy that Greens ceiling is much higher.  I also think he's better now, if it wasn't for that injury he would be viewed as one of our best players already. 

Would he have had a run of goal-scoring like Adomah did? Maybe not. That's unpredictable. I bet Adomah never does it again. Bruce was right to start the season with Green on the left. 

• Like 2

Albert is more effective at the moment.  No doubt Green has a higher ceiling though.  But his decision making will only come with game time. 

I describe him as a "twitchy" player, Green.  He'll be a youtube God, but he needs to calm down sometimes and relax, he always seems a bit uptight, a bit rushed.  

Whereas Albert is more or less horizontal in attitude, and it serves him well.  Albert just doesn't have the explosive pace that Green has. 

• Like 2

Green will become a huge asset for us this spring. Him and Adomah will murder the right backs of opposing teams. With Snoddy threatening on the other side as well with Grealish coordinating in the middle of the park our attack looks to be very dangerous atm. other teams should be very wary of us going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â